Impressions of the THT.

Post your reviews and pictures here.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Subsonicspectre
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Impressions of the THT.

#1 Post by Subsonicspectre »

I finally got this bad boy rolling. I was having a giggle when the whole house started shaking @20hz although I will have to get a piece of carpet to put under it as the subwoofer started walking across the floor. Luckily where I wanted to put it is perfect with no nulls in my 2 listening positions.
I beyond impressed with how clean the bass is.

User avatar
Tom Smit
Posts: 7482
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sarnia, Ont. Canada

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

Thumbs up!
TomS

Keryn O'Shea
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:50 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#3 Post by Keryn O'Shea »

Subsonicspectre wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:13 pm ..I beyond impressed with how clean the bass is.
The THT does it effortlessly..
Great job nailing a sweet spot first up 👍
AT8 14", AT10 19", T30 28" LAB12, T48 36" 3015LF, THT 20" LAB15, SLA 4x3"/4x4", CArray 6x4", TLAH, TLAP, J10 FLat, J12 Flat, OT12 Flat, OT15 CD, SLAP 2x6"/4x6", WH8, DR280 Mld'd, XF210. Next J10L

appo1999
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: Flagstaff, AZ

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#4 Post by appo1999 »

I have 6 of them in my living room...3K watts..nice movie bass..live Helicopters anybody :)

User avatar
AntonZ
Posts: 2664
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 6:00 am
Location: NL

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#5 Post by AntonZ »

appo1999 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:23 am I have 6 of them in my living room...3K watts..
That's insane :shock:








I like it 8)

User avatar
Seth
Posts: 2823
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:06 pm
Location: Sacramento, California, USA
Contact:

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#6 Post by Seth »

AntonZ wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:13 am
appo1999 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:23 am I have 6 of them in my living room...3K watts..
That's insane :shock:








I like it 8)
+1
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

User avatar
marcoaandrade
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#7 Post by marcoaandrade »

Subsonicspectre wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:13 pm I finally got this bad boy rolling. I was having a giggle when the whole house started shaking @20hz although I will have to get a piece of carpet to put under it as the subwoofer started walking across the floor. Luckily where I wanted to put it is perfect with no nulls in my 2 listening positions.
I beyond impressed with how clean the bass is.
Amazing! BTW, how wide is your Little Monster? Are you using 12 or 15in?

Cheers from Brazil

Subsonicspectre
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#8 Post by Subsonicspectre »

marcoaandrade wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:01 pm
Subsonicspectre wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:13 pm I finally got this bad boy rolling. I was having a giggle when the whole house started shaking @20hz although I will have to get a piece of carpet to put under it as the subwoofer started walking across the floor. Luckily where I wanted to put it is perfect with no nulls in my 2 listening positions.
I beyond impressed with how clean the bass is.
Amazing! BTW, how wide is your Little Monster? Are you using 12 or 15in?

Cheers from Brazil
I'm using the 15" so it's 36x36x24

Subsonicspectre
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#9 Post by Subsonicspectre »

appo1999 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:23 am I have 6 of them in my living room...3K watts..nice movie bass..live Helicopters anybody :)
That is insane lol. I'm running an XTi 4000 on a single channel on one. I have plenty of power on tap for more lol.

User avatar
marcoaandrade
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#10 Post by marcoaandrade »

Subsonicspectre wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:54 pm
marcoaandrade wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:01 pm
Subsonicspectre wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:13 pm I finally got this bad boy rolling. I was having a giggle when the whole house started shaking @20hz although I will have to get a piece of carpet to put under it as the subwoofer started walking across the floor. Luckily where I wanted to put it is perfect with no nulls in my 2 listening positions.
I beyond impressed with how clean the bass is.
Amazing! BTW, how wide is your Little Monster? Are you using 12 or 15in?

Cheers from Brazil
I'm using the 15" so it's 36x36x24
Ok...just to understand, since 15in THT panel vary from 17 to 35 in...

Subsonicspectre
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#11 Post by Subsonicspectre »

marcoaandrade wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:49 am
Subsonicspectre wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:54 pm
marcoaandrade wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:01 pm

Amazing! BTW, how wide is your Little Monster? Are you using 12 or 15in?

Cheers from Brazil

I'm using the 15" so it's 36x36x24
Ok...just to understand, since 15in THT panel vary from 17 to 35 in...
If I remember correctly that is true. But getting it through a doorway might be difficult with a 35" width. Even at 24" wide it digs down to 22 hz nicely. Strong at 25hz, and up with smooth effortless detail.

Old Mike
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#12 Post by Old Mike »

The last 9 years have flown by for me, I built 4 THT's for my home theater in 2015, see https://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/view ... hp?t=23085
I never reported on their performance before, so belatedly here it is. One word "gobsmacking".

I ended up having an ischemic stroke in 2019 that slowed me down a bit, I made a full recovery with no permanent neurological damage and part of that recovery was hours spent listening to music in my home theater, the four corner placed THT's are just sublime, its not the tooth rattling volume capability that's impressive it's the whole room coverage with zero distortion of "realistic" clean bass reproduction that is unbeatable no matter how much you might spend on commercial subwoofers.

Thank you Bill.

User avatar
Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin
Posts: 28708
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 5:59 pm

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#13 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

:clap:

User avatar
Tom Smit
Posts: 7482
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:24 pm
Location: Sarnia, Ont. Canada

Re: Impressions of the THT.

#14 Post by Tom Smit »

Yay!
TomS

Post Reply