XF210 hands-on review and gig report

Guitar cabs both you and your audience can hear better.
DJPhatman

Re: XF210 hands-on review and gig report

#16 Post by DJPhatman »

Bryan316 wrote:Hey, Tim. Been hella-busy, lots of gigs which is a good thing.

Been helping my bandmates with getting their amps pointed AT them, instead of near them. I still want to get them to try out an XF cab. You have any built and available to test out? Or would you have to build one for me?

I still think this is a brilliant design idea. But it's a "show me" concept. People just won't believe it until you prove it to them.

Go Red Wings. :twisted:
Welcome back, Bryan!

When's the next Toxic???
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Tim A

#17 Post by Tim A »

Bryan316 wrote:Hey, Tim. Been hella-busy, lots of gigs which is a good thing.

Been helping my bandmates with getting their amps pointed AT them, instead of near them. I still want to get them to try out an XF cab. You have any built and available to test out? Or would you have to build one for me?

I still think this is a brilliant design idea. But it's a "show me" concept. People just won't believe it until you prove it to them.

Go Red Wings. :twisted:
I have the prototype 2-10.

metalman

#18 Post by metalman »

Are there any other photos of finished XF212's? I would love to see some. Im starting my build in a week or so and have a few ideas how i would like to finish it but it would be cool to see if anyone else has had some whacky ideas.

jswingchun

#19 Post by jswingchun »

I built an XF212 for my kid. I would post a pic for you, but it looks just like the first one on Tim A's post except without the supports for the grill. I don't think a whole lot of them have been built, or if they have, not a whole lot of pics have been posted.

My kid likes his a lot, in fact he likes it enough that he wants to sell his Carvin Legacy 4x12 that he bought a year ago.

My guitarist has used it a couple times and wants to build one too once he gets some money together to buy parts and plans.
Omni 10
Omni 10.5
OmniTop 12 x 4
Wedgehorn 8 x 3
XF212
T39 @ 18" x 2
T39 @ 20" x 2
T39 @ 28" x 2
Jack 110 x 5
Jack Lite 12
XF210
XF210 (Slant only, no crossfire)

LelandCrooks

#20 Post by LelandCrooks »

If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

ripNdeb

#21 Post by ripNdeb »

For the "futuristic-industrial thing" look in the OP, any reason not to move the baffles up to within about a half inch of the front of the cab?
2X OTop 112, 3012HO, melded - 2X T39, 27", Lab 12 - XF 212 - 4 DR250, 2 melded, 2 straight
2 20" T39 3012LF - WH10 - WH8 - in the shop - 2 more 20" T39s
http://saltandlighteureka.org still need a trailer :)

MysticMichael

#22 Post by MysticMichael »

I must have missed it earlier in the thread, so can anyone please tell me: What are the standard dimensions of the XF210 cab, angled version? In particular, I need to know whether it is, or can easily be made to be, at least 8.5 inches deep on the top, as I have an amp head that needs at least that much room in the depth dimension in order to sit on top - without any overhang.

Thanks,

MM
"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is: infinite."

- William Blake

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#23 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

You may make the cab as deep as you wish. The standard dimensions are the minimum that will insure the drivers will fit inside.