Anyone have experience with Tigerply?

Helpful hints on how to build 'em, and where to get the stuff you need.
howiez

Anyone have experience with Tigerply?

#1 Post by howiez »

I'm trolling the local big box store websites checking on BB prices and availability. Still stinks...but I digress. My old stand-by Arauco is back down to $51 a 4x8 sheet. It was still near 100 last fall when I started my brothers THT build. I came across 'Tigerply EDGE' which appears to be Arauco by another name. Well, ok, it's 'high density hardwood core and Araucaria faced'. Which seems to be where Arauco was derived from... It has 11 equal plies in the 1/2" variety, which is currently $80 per 4x8 sheet (special order i think). They claim machineability, void free, etc. Now I can also special order BB 4x8 for $115, but there are probably fees on top of either, I'm not sure. My interest was piqued by the 11 plies. I'll have to get in store to see it in person if I can find a stocked size or sample locally. I'm trying to determine if the veneer is the same thickness as the other 9 plies. It sure looks like it, but that's marketing pictures...

9830Lark

Re: Anyone have experience with Tigerply?

#2 Post by 9830Lark »

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Anyone have experience with Tigerply?

#3 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

It's not Arauco, which is South American. It does look good, at least where the number of plies is concerned.