OmniTop 12 build

Post your build odyssey here.
Tom Smit

Re: OmniTop 12 build

#31 Post by Tom Smit »

Fastskiguy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:37 pm
Tom Smit wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:08 pm I get a kick out of your excitement Fastskiguy. LOL. Keep it up.
By the way, off topic, what kind of skiing?
ha ha, downhill skiing, searching for the perfect carve. Although....I think the perfect carve might be on a snowboard. Here's a shot from last year....
Dude, that's snow-boarding, not skiing! Side note: I've done a touch of downhill. Even did a solid face plant in front of a bunch of youth that we had brought to the hill. :lol:
TomS

Bruce Weldy

#32 Post by Bruce Weldy »

After going skiing a few times in my twenties, I finally designed the perfect ski trip for my family. I drove them to New Mexico. Took them to the slopes in the morning. Cooked lunch and took them back to the slopes in the afternoon. Picked 'em up at dusk. All the time in between, I played guitar and read.

Absolutely the best ski trip I ever had.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Tom Smit

#33 Post by Tom Smit »

:loler:
TomS

Fastskiguy

#34 Post by Fastskiguy »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:07 am After going skiing a few times in my twenties, I finally designed the perfect ski trip for my family. I drove them to New Mexico. Took them to the slopes in the morning. Cooked lunch and took them back to the slopes in the afternoon. Picked 'em up at dusk. All the time in between, I played guitar and read.

With the transportation and food it might have been the best trip for them too. Sounds like a good one all the way around.

Joe

Bruce Weldy

#35 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Fastskiguy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:23 pm
Bruce Weldy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:07 am After going skiing a few times in my twenties, I finally designed the perfect ski trip for my family. I drove them to New Mexico. Took them to the slopes in the morning. Cooked lunch and took them back to the slopes in the afternoon. Picked 'em up at dusk. All the time in between, I played guitar and read.

With the transportation and food it might have been the best trip for them too. Sounds like a good one all the way around.

Joe
I didn't go skiing for the first time until I was 24 years old. I made the mistake of letting my buds try to teach me how.....in blue jeans....all around bad decision. Froze my butt off (literally) and spent most of the time on the ground. On later trips, I took lessons and got much better, but honestly - I just didn't care that much for it. It damned sure couldn't compare to a nice quiet condo in front of a fire playing music and reading in solitude.

A good time was had by all.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

CarterKraft

#36 Post by CarterKraft »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:50 am
Fastskiguy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:23 pm

Joe
I didn't go skiing for the first time until I was 24 years old. I made the mistake of letting my buds try to teach me how.....in blue jeans....all around bad decision. Froze my butt off (literally) and spent most of the time on the ground. On later trips, I took lessons and got much better, but honestly - I just didn't care that much for it. It damned sure couldn't compare to a nice quiet condo in front of a fire playing music and reading in solitude.

A good time was had by all.
Let's be fair to your friends, if a Texan went skiing in New Mexico in the 90's you wore starched wranglers on the slopes.
Weldon Carter

Seth

#37 Post by Seth »

:loler:
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#38 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

CarterKraft wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:45 pm Let's be fair to your friends, if a Texan went skiing in New Mexico in the 90's you wore starched wranglers on the slopes.
Levi's ski jeans. They made a whole line of western themed ski clothing. Think 'Porter Wagoner in Aspen'. They were moderately popular out west, couldn't give them away in New England.

Bruce Weldy

#39 Post by Bruce Weldy »

CarterKraft wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:45 pm Let's be fair to your friends, if a Texan went skiing in New Mexico in the 90's you wore starched wranglers on the slopes.
Ha! I wish I was that young......that trip was in 1982. I'll always remember because my daughter was born that year and it turns out that my wife was pregnant on the trip and we didn't even know yet.

And very few of us Texans actually put starch in their wranglers......just the Urban Cowboy types that did line dancing in the movies.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

9830Lark

#40 Post by 9830Lark »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:08 am And very few of us Texans actually put starch in their wranglers......just the Urban Cowboy types that did line dancing in the movies.
Ha - I beg to differ. In and around Houston in the late 80s, you saw a LOT of starched Wranglers. And there wasn't any line dancing going on. Yeah - I know - Houston isn't really Texas, LOL.

Bruce Weldy

#41 Post by Bruce Weldy »

9830Lark wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:47 am
Bruce Weldy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:08 am And very few of us Texans actually put starch in their wranglers......just the Urban Cowboy types that did line dancing in the movies.
Ha - I beg to differ. In and around Houston in the late 80s, you saw a LOT of starched Wranglers. And there wasn't any line dancing going on. Yeah - I know - Houston isn't really Texas, LOL.
Yeah, there was some of that, but mostly in older guys or the preppies. And you are right - Houston isn't really Texas. :mrgreen:

On that ski trip, we sprayed Scotchguard on our jeans.....however, that did nothing to stop the snow from going down the back of my pants while sliding down the hill backwards on my butt.

Never been so cold in my life.....

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

fender3x

#42 Post by fender3x »

I grew up a hayseed in rural Washington state, and learned to ski in the wet snows of Oregon. Scotchguard on jeans for skiing sounds just like something one of us would have tried. Can't imagine anyone actually buying Levi's ski jeans though, even out west. Maybe in LA...
One man's magic is another man's engineering. --Heinlein

1 x DR250
1 x T39
1 x Omni 10

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#43 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

You've never been to Aspen. People have been known to buy not only clothes but also skis and boots and leave them there when they go home, because they don't have room for them in their luggage.

Fastskiguy

#44 Post by Fastskiguy »

It's making sound! I'm a super beginner making charts and it was windy with 50db of road noise but here it is. Does this look right?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 5.12.51 PM.png

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#45 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Not bad. See if you can change the background color, it's hard to make out.