T48 Version one plans

Get the lowdown on the down low.
Mongoose

T48 Version one plans

#1 Post by Mongoose »

Are the version 1 plans available anywhere prelab15 update/ does anyone know how different original plans will sound next to the updates we have 6 pre update version 1 cabs but want 8

Grant Bunter

Re: T48 Version one plans

#2 Post by Grant Bunter »

Hi Mongoose,
Updated plans exist because enough improvements are in them to warrant release of the plans.
Once updated, Bill doesn't keep older versions IIRC.

It won't matter though, building the latest version won't sound any different or have different response.

You'll find 3015LF loaded cabs are much lighter for much the same driver cost...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Bruce Weldy

#3 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Mongoose wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:43 pm Are the version 1 plans available anywhere prelab15 update/ does anyone know how different original plans will sound next to the updates we have 6 pre update version 1 cabs but want 8
I understand you wanting to keep 'em all the same. I have top-loading T39s. I built more of the old-style after the new plans came out. I just like that look better with no panel on the front.

I guess you can't find the original plans? Or, did you buy those cabs already built?

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Mongoose

#4 Post by Mongoose »

Grant Bunter wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:58 pm Hi Mongoose,
Updated plans exist because enough improvements are in them to warrant release of the plans.
Once updated, Bill doesn't keep older versions IIRC.

It won't matter though, building the latest version won't sound any different or have different response.

You'll find 3015LF loaded cabs are much lighter for much the same driver cost...

These are 3015lf loaded why I'd like em all to be one designed for that

Bit worried that the improvements made will be audibly better than than the non improved ones making uneven bass response

Mongoose

#5 Post by Mongoose »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:48 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:43 pm Are the version 1 plans available anywhere prelab15 update/ does anyone know how different original plans will sound next to the updates we have 6 pre update version 1 cabs but want 8
I understand you wanting to keep 'em all the same. I have top-loading T39s. I built more of the old-style after the new plans came out. I just like that look better with no panel on the front.

I guess you can't find the original plans? Or, did you buy those cabs already built?

Brought them off Brian skan they used em for there last unity tribe event in 2004 but they were rushed too so the bracing on the front is missing couldn't say with original version plans that that any internal bracing isn't missing either so any new ones we want to build proper nd retrofit bracing to those without it