Simplexx 12 Crossover

Our easiest to build speaker lineup.
argon

Simplexx 12 Crossover

#1 Post by argon »

I’m gearing up for a Simplex 1x12 build, with a Deltalite 2512 and BGH25-8 horn. I’ll be running a GK MB500 head into it. I know I can get crossover parts from Speaker Hardware, but I just found this prebuilt one on Parts Express:

https://www.parts-express.com/PRV-Audio ... m-294-2859

Would it work with this setup? I like that it’s already built, including the speakon jacks.

If not, here’s another pre-built one from Parts Express, but without the speakon jacks. Would this one work too?

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Au ... Hz-260-140

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Simplexx 12 Crossover

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Are they 2nd order low pass/4th order high pass ?

Bruce Weldy

#3 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Bill will have to tell you if the 12db slope is enough to protect that driver. Not sure what the slope is on the crossover in the plans. The second one handles higher power, but at that price, why not just build it?

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

argon

#4 Post by argon »

Thanks for the responses. I don’t know any of the specs of those crossovers, other than what’s listed there. I was hoping that I found a shortcut! I suck at soldering, so I’m hoping to do as little as possible. But if there’s any question as to whether or not they’ll work, I’ll just make one according to the plans.

Bruce Weldy

#5 Post by Bruce Weldy »

argon wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:15 pm Thanks for the responses. I don’t know any of the specs of those crossovers, other than what’s listed there. I was hoping that I found a shortcut! I suck at soldering, so I’m hoping to do as little as possible. But if there’s any question as to whether or not they’ll work, I’ll just make one according to the plans.
Leland at Speakerhardware.com sells pre-built crossovers as per the plans

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."