Hello

Paul Amelang

Hello

#1 Post by Paul Amelang »

Hello,

I'm in central Texas. I bought all the designs and look forward to building the subs and flyable line array cabs.

I just figured I would say hi, since I plan on posting some questions on the forum.

This will be fun!

Bruce Weldy

Re: Hello

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Paul Amelang wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:30 pm Hello,

I'm in central Texas. I bought all the designs and look forward to building the subs and flyable line array cabs.

I just figured I would say hi, since I plan on posting some questions on the forum.

This will be fun!
What do you call Central Texas? Waco? I'm in New Braunfels.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Paul Amelang

#3 Post by Paul Amelang »

Hi Bruce,

I live in Brenham, which is between Houston and Austin. My girlfriends family lives in Dripping Springs.

Before C19, I played music for a living. Now I am starting a company making carbon fiber bass guitar cabinets.

I have tasked myself with making a sound system for the church that I started playing at a few months ago. When I started playing there, they had their mains placed behind the musicians. Haha. I'm doing what I can to help them. The budget is tiny. I told them not to pay me and instead put the extra money back into the sound system.

Bruce Weldy

#4 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Paul Amelang wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:52 pm Hi Bruce,

I live in Brenham, which is between Houston and Austin. My girlfriends family lives in Dripping Springs.

Before C19, I played music for a living. Now I am starting a company making carbon fiber bass guitar cabinets.

I have tasked myself with making a sound system for the church that I started playing at a few months ago. When I started playing there, they had their mains placed behind the musicians. Haha. I'm doing what I can to help them. The budget is tiny. I told them not to pay me and instead put the extra money back into the sound system.
Welcome to the forum Paul. I know where Brenham is - I've driven through many times going from Austin to Houston years ago.

If there's a tiny budget - you'll probably need to rein in your system desires.....but, you can't get a better box for the amount you'll spend building any of these designs. They do sound great.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Seth

#5 Post by Seth »

Hi Paul, I'm Seth. Welcome to the party.
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

Paul Amelang

#6 Post by Paul Amelang »

Thanks for the warm welcome :).