Speakerhardware.com issue

Helpful hints on how to build 'em, and where to get the stuff you need.
rantbicker

Speakerhardware.com issue

#1 Post by rantbicker »

This is my first post on here as I am currently building an omni 15 tallboy. I placed an order for the midrange driver, tweeter and crossovers at speakerhardware.com about two weeks ago. The bottom of the email said if there were any shipping delays, I would be notified. Two weeks later, I try sending an email to the email address listed on their website for questions, it auto kicked back as failed. So I replied to the email address that sent my invoice, it auto failed. Starting to get a little worried and was wondering if anybody else on here has placed an order recently with this company. Not trying to smear the company, just trying to figure out what is going on. I purchase a lot online and this is not normal. Thanks in advance.

Bruce Weldy

Re: Speakerhardware.com issue

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Leland is a very good vendor. Unusual that he hasn't gotten back to you. Sounds like he's having a network or computer issue.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

LelandCrooks

#3 Post by LelandCrooks »

Hi. I sent emails about your order which bounced back. I don't know which side of the equation is the problem. I've been getting emails just fine. I did try a couple of variations on your address thinking there was a typo. I was out of everything. I think it's all here now as of yesterday. Send me another email to lgcbuilder@gmail.com. That will avoid the forwarder. Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the heads up Bill.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

rantbicker

#4 Post by rantbicker »

Thanks for the quick response Leland, I'll shoot another email to the one you provided and if it bounces back I'll try using one of my accounts with another email provider. Sounds like it may be an issue with Yahoo mail :wall: .

Seth

#5 Post by Seth »

Leland, I emailed you at webmaster@speakerhardwar.com a couple months ago and got a failure to deliver notice

The last sentence: "This relay isn't allowed to send mail "From" yahoo.com", looks like you can't receive mail from yahoo users?
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

lgcbuilder@gmail.com
(ultimately generated from webmaster@speakerhardware.com)
host dedrelay.secureserver.net [208.109.80.54]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
550 5.2.0 tCnQiJOOa90NPtCnQi7wj4 <sethxxxxx@yahoo.com> sender rejected. This relay isn't allowed to send mail "From" yahoo.com
Last edited by Seth on Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

rantbicker

#6 Post by rantbicker »

^^^ That is the exact error I received.

Chris_Allen

#7 Post by Chris_Allen »

I think that mail relay needs changing, which I believe is from godaddy.

There is probably a config page somewhere on their site to set mail routing for that domain.
Built:
6xDR200, 2xT39, 2xT48, 2xJack110, 1xOmni10.5, 1xAutotuba, 1xT18, 1xSLA Pro, 1xW8, 1xW10

rfauske

#8 Post by rfauske »

Forwarding email in todays spamfiltering world its bound to fail when sender and recipient has an restrictive filter settings. So I would either get google apps for the domain directly or in other ways get the email from the speakerhardware domain to the gmail account (pop3 polling or something like that).

(I work for an ISP in norway and we see this challenge more and more when forwarding as it breaks spf, dkim and so on)

LelandCrooks

#9 Post by LelandCrooks »

It only seems to happen with Yahoo. I think they're just jealous because Gmail stole their market.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#10 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Google and Yahoo don't have any active feuds. Amazon is a different story. It's what convinced me to stay away from the Amazon Fire when I was in the market for a tablet.

Seth

#11 Post by Seth »

LelandCrooks wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:20 pm It only seems to happen with Yahoo. I think they're just jealous because Gmail stole their market.
Don't take this as fact, but 6,7,8 or so years ago I was declined access to a forum and when I emailed the webmaster they responded that they had way too many robot sign-ups with yahoo email addresses and would not allow me to sign up with a yahoo address... even though it was obvious at that point that I wasn't a robot. They recommended that I just sign up with a different email provider. At that time I only had a Yahoo address and wasn't going to jump through hoops just so I could sign up with them. Even now, I do have a gmail account, but never use it. Ever. No reason other than it's too much trouble to juggle multiple accounts and/or message every single person in my address book and have them all update their contact info for me.

Anyway, point being, there was obviously a setting they chose that excluded Yahoo. There's likely a setting you can make to allow Yahoo emails to forward or not. I'd contact someone about that. Never know how much business you could unknowingly be missing.
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421