Release date?

Got speaker theory questions? This is where you'll find the answers.
Rich4349

Release date?

#1 Post by Rich4349 »

So Bill, when are you going to publish your compendium of common, and not so common, sense explanations of all things audio? It could be a multi-level book, for beginners, intermediates, and probably even some advanced readers. (For an unrelated comparison, check out John Palmer's www.howtobrew.com. Each page is a self contained lesson, building on the last.) I'm sure your response will be something like "Buy xxxxxxx's book", but those books, like the Yamaha book, aren't really written that clearly or concisely, using jargon beyond the level of the reader. Through your interactions here I would have to think you'd have a pretty solid perception of areas of weakness, common myths, ignorance off the basics. Great market for you here, just compile the "best of" threads from here, then editorialize during or after to flesh out the missing info. Whatcha think?
("Not enough time in the day as it is.")
2 DR250s, 2 27" Lab15 T-60s, 2 30" Neo Titan 39s, 1 Autotuba...and looking for more!

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Release date?

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Books don't sell. The internet is where it is, and I've got that covered, right here. :clap:

Rich4349

#3 Post by Rich4349 »

Point taken. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I enjoy regularly reading the forum, but I keep seeing the same questions coming up. Yes, I am aware of the stickies. Yes, I am aware that if someone isn't going to read the stickies, they probably won't read a 10 page primer of the basics. But I think many others would, though that, of course is up to you to decide if any re-organizing would be worth your time. It just seems a bit of a waste of your time to keep revisiting the same :horse: . At least the 16-20 regulars do a pretty good job of corralling stray dogies.
2 DR250s, 2 27" Lab15 T-60s, 2 30" Neo Titan 39s, 1 Autotuba...and looking for more!

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#4 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Rich4349 wrote:Point taken. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I enjoy regularly reading the forum, but I keep seeing the same questions coming up. Yes, I am aware of the stickies. Yes, I am aware that if someone isn't going to read the stickies, they probably won't read a 10 page primer of the basics.
As matter of fact, this appears on the front page of the main site:

EMail

Please email us only if you have questions about the ordering process. Emails go to our plans ordering department. No one there can help with technical questions or offer advice. Please post all technical questions and requests for advice about our speakers on the Forum.

Despite this my ordering department gets at least five requests per day for technical advice. This accompanies every set of plans:

For any help and advice you may need building your speaker, please go to our on-line forum at:
http://www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Despite this I estimate that 10% of plans buyers send emails asking for help, and that at least 90% of plans buyers never register on the forum. I hope that the plans are that good that they don't need to ask questions, but still... :roll:

Ryan Sober

#5 Post by Ryan Sober »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:at least 90% of plans buyers never register on the forum.
This... kind of makes me sad.
Oh well. Their loss.

Rich4349

#6 Post by Rich4349 »

And I will take a wild guess that 90% of registered users don't enter their location. But if they did, they might find nearby fellow users who would welcome them to come over and hear them either in a private setting, or out "in the wild" setting of their natural habitat.

LelandCrooks

#7 Post by LelandCrooks »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
Please email us only if you have questions about the ordering process. Emails go to our plans ordering department. No one there can help with technical questions or offer advice. Please post all technical questions and requests for advice about our speakers on the Forum.[/i]

Despite this my ordering department gets at least five requests per day for technical advice. This accompanies every set
Then they send them to me. :horse:
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#8 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

LelandCrooks wrote:
Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
Please email us only if you have questions about the ordering process. Emails go to our plans ordering department. No one there can help with technical questions or offer advice. Please post all technical questions and requests for advice about our speakers on the Forum.[/i]

Despite this my ordering department gets at least five requests per day for technical advice.
Then they send them to me. :horse:
Yes, they want to build their own cabs, but lack the ability to follow instructions. :noob:
No wonder the leading cause of death in males aged 18-30 is terminal stupidity. :bash: