Dual Loaded Table Tuba Review

Post your reviews and pictures here.
Gregory East

Re: Dual Loaded Table Tuba Review

#31 Post by Gregory East »

Caution bassmonster. Your parents probably know you can get replacement rearview mirrors and lift your drivers seat. There is good reason for their stance and the lack of rear view is likely a convenient way of avoiding the issues of distraction, hearing damage, vehicle damage....
BAT10, Bad Auto Tuba. Reverse folded TAT to fit JBL 1014D, 350W driver, voltage limit unknown.

bassmonster

#32 Post by bassmonster »

Gregory East wrote: Your parents probably know you can get replacement rearview mirrors and lift your drivers seat.

Huh, I didn't even think of that. But being 6'1" there's not much room for me to lift the driver's seat! :lol: I used to have one of those widened rearviews that almost eliminates blind spots but I thought it was :ugeek:
There is good reason for their stance and the lack of rear view is likely a convenient way of avoiding the issues of distraction, hearing damage, vehicle damage....
I understand about distraction, that's why I'm not allowed any audio upgrades for a year. While I don't really like the rule I have to admit it does make sense. Hearing loss is a whole nother issue I don't want to mess with. I had eartubes for 7 years due to closed up Eustachian tubes so I know the ringing ear sound all too well. I wonder what the scarring on my eardrum from ear tube surgery has on my perception of sound... As the TT in the car gives headaches at 5 volts I don't think casual listening will extend beyond 1.5 volts which is plenty safe for the ears.

AntonZ

#33 Post by AntonZ »

bassmonster wrote:I understand about distraction, that's why I'm not allowed any audio upgrades for a year. While I don't really like the rule I have to admit it does make sense. Hearing loss is a whole nother issue I don't want to mess with. I had eartubes for 7 years due to closed up Eustachian tubes so I know the ringing ear sound all too well. I wonder what the scarring on my eardrum from ear tube surgery has on my perception of sound... As the TT in the car gives headaches at 5 volts I don't think casual listening will extend beyond 1.5 volts which is plenty safe for the ears.
My hat off to you for understanding this at your age and living by it. You will appreciate when you are older, you've got a whole life ahead of you that will be shit with ringing ears for the next 60 yrs. Keep up, you are doing well (do use some hearing protection when you keep showcasing that dual TT monster at insane levels).

BrentEvans

#34 Post by BrentEvans »

AntonZ wrote: As the TT in the car gives headaches at 5 volts I don't think casual listening will extend beyond 1.5 volts which is plenty safe for the ears.
[/quote]

So what you're saying is that you really don't need an amp to listen at the levels you want... straight out of the 5V line out of your head unit is good enough.

:loler:

No flames please... I know he needs an amp and why he needs one...
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

bassmonster

#35 Post by bassmonster »

BrentEvans wrote: So what you're saying is that you really don't need an amp to listen at the levels you want... straight out of the 5V line out of your head unit is good enough.

:loler:

No flames please... I know he needs an amp and why he needs one...
I didn't account for demos and angry driving. :mrgreen:

Steve Regier

#36 Post by Steve Regier »

I had to voltage limit and add a HPF to my TT in my truck. I was unable to see straight otherwise while driving... It would just be my luck to get a DUI from driving under the influence of extreme subbass.
:twisted:
So let it be written ... So let it be done.
"BaronVonSteve"

Harley
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand - Authorised BFM Cab Builder

#37 Post by Harley »

Do they put LSD into the water in Wales ?
ImageSemi-retired: Former Australia and New Zealand Authorised BFM cab builder.

88h88

#38 Post by 88h88 »

...there's a reason Wales has no representation on the Union Jack flag and that's because we're ashamed. :(
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

bassmonster

#39 Post by bassmonster »

Thanks for the free bump? :lol:

AntonZ

#40 Post by AntonZ »

TimpBizkit wrote:Well I just keep reading old reviews and being tempted to comment lol
At least it gets you back in the limelight again, a bassmonster with teeth I still like that idea, as the red inside the mouth of your table tuba is sort of like a tongue colour.
If I recall correctly, Harley has been eaten by a Titan 48 a few years ago. The Titan had some beers with that. No idea if the picture is still floating around the internets somewhere.

kekani

#41 Post by kekani »

Harley wrote:Do they put LSD into the water in Wales ?

Again, Howard Stern syndrome for me. Harley, its guys like you that make the Sunday Comics obsolete.

I normally say, out loud, "Holy thread resurrrect Batman!" and my kids have no idea what I'm talking about.
Wedgehorn 6 (x2)
Jack 110 Lites (x2)
XF212 (Egnater style)
DR200 ASD (Yes! Finally!)

bassmonster

#42 Post by bassmonster »

Well, while this thread is freshly bumped, might as well add some new pics. :roll: :mrgreen:

Dual TT in the back of the Forester...I removed all the rear hatch flooring so the dual TT basically sits on top of the spare tire. This way, the mouth points right at the back of the driver's seat like recommended by other forum members.

Stealth. :mrgreen:

The passenger side rear seat is still useable and locked in, but there is currently an amp setup sitting in the footwell.

I want to build a slimmest width, single GTO804 loaded TT for permanent install sometime later. The 24" dual TT is just too heavy for me to lug in and out each week for the lawnmower for my landscaping job. With the slim width I'll still get the super low TT extension and smooth tone, but it will be lightweight (sort of?) enough to be practical and will be slim enough to fit under a roll-over hatch cover, so it will be completely stealth. 8) Added bonus to the hatch cover, when I play the TT at high volume, that hatch cover will flap in the breeze. :chainsaw:

osse

#43 Post by osse »

TimpBizkit wrote:Nice, estate cars are the bass nut's dream! To quote Jibbs, you really do have King Kong in the Trunk! Have you tried different positions i.e. mouth backwards, sideways?

The Autotuba takes up most of my boot in a piddly little Nissan Micra, but I need to find a way to high pass my mids and highs.

Viva la car Table Tuba thread.

P.S. For Antonz and Harley's enjoyment!
Nice! I've got the exact same setup, 17" AT with TB in nissan micra... punds the hell out of everything! I've also got a good head unit with built in HPF filter for the mains @60, 80 or 100 hz... alpine 117r I think the name of it is!

osse

#44 Post by osse »

TimpBizkit wrote:
osse wrote: Nice! I've got the exact same setup, 17" AT with TB in nissan micra... punds the hell out of everything! I've also got a good head unit with built in HPF filter for the mains @60, 80 or 100 hz... alpine 117r I think the name of it is!
Mine is technically a 17" too. (16 inch internal width) with a JBL GTO804. I think I might still have a minor leak still. I find my car produces harmonic distortion :roll:.

I wish my Pioneer DEH-3400UB head unit had a high pass.. I wouldn't need an amp for mids and highs, they go loud enough off the HU (next best thing is the SLA passive hp filter but I prefer active so bass isn't using up voltage swing). Then ~200W amp for sub and I'm set (for general purposes this sub is actually efficient enough to use a similar size amp as for mids and highs).

I have the Stock Micra ~10 Watt front speakers that I can't seem to replace (I got rid of the fluttery plastic cups behind them that added great farting sounds to the music)
I have budget Nikkai 6x9s in the rear deck - not really a SQ setup..
I'm surprised how well damped the car is after a bit of modification(the license plate and lamp in the rear window is worst), what's creating most noise now is the actual plate ceiling that starts to vibrate like crazy at certain freq's of bass, does it in like 1 of 10 songs... otherwise very good and solid car for build.

I've upgraded(or actually downgraded) my front speakers as it seems right now... installed another pair that I thought would have greater lowmid/highbass response than the original but it seem it's rather the oposite, they don't produce anything below around 150-200 so it was quite a downbuy. when using hpf @100 hz the mains go plenty loud tho, don't think I will need an external amp as long as the speakers is effective...

Ballslammer

#45 Post by Ballslammer »

Great review – I wasn’t able to view the pictures. I’m not sure why. I mean I’m signed in !?? Does anyone know why the pics would be blocked??