I'm not just an engineer, I'm a novelist too.

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Harley
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand - Authorised BFM Cab Builder

Re: I'm not just an engineer, I'm a novelist too.

#16 Post by Harley »

Radian wrote:I'd like to get a BA in Future. :broke:
How can you get a BA in History in the future? :slap: :loler:
ImageSemi-retired: Former Australia and New Zealand Authorised BFM cab builder.

Chris_Allen

#17 Post by Chris_Allen »

When does the clothing line come out?
Built:
6xDR200, 2xT39, 2xT48, 2xJack110, 1xOmni10.5, 1xAutotuba, 1xT18, 1xSLA Pro, 1xW8, 1xW10

DJPhatman

#18 Post by DJPhatman »

Chris_Allen wrote:When does the clothing line come out?
What are you talking about??? The clothing line has been out the entire time! The style is "shabby-PL Premium"!

:noob: :hyper: :slap: :loler: :mrgreen:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Drumber

#19 Post by Drumber »

(I love this thread!)
I actually wanted to suggest to Bill that, given his eponymously-named site, an "about me/us" link is something of a glaring omission. I'd love to know more about him--background, interests, how he came to be a loudspeaker designer (and what formal related training, if any he might have had), etc.
I've gleaned from reading throughout the site that apparently he is some kind of engineer, a bass player (with a band?), and now apparently, an author with a history degree, plus, of course, his upcoming fashion/shoes/accessories/perfume line.

Have I missed somewhere on the forum (or main site) where Bill does indeed go into this?

Thanks!

p.s. Kindle is supposed to automatically indent the first line of all paragraphs. blockquote is another option.

:horse: (not relevant--hopefully, I just love the smilies he has on this board!)
1 - basslite/comp. driver OT12, hopefully 2nd in future.
Tuba 24 in the works...

y2kindyz

#20 Post by y2kindyz »

Bill,
Just finished the book on kindle. Great read. Enjoyed it very much. Thanks. any other books in the pipeline?

Oscar
Last edited by y2kindyz on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#21 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

y2kindyz wrote:Bill,
Just finished the book on kindle. Great read. Enjoyed it very much. Thanks. any other suggestions on books with similar plots?

Oscar
To tell the truth I don't have time to read books any more; the last one I read a few years ago was written by fellow UNH graduate Dan Brown. You may have heard of him.

UROK

#22 Post by UROK »

Harley wrote:
Radian wrote:I'd like to get a BA in Future. :broke:
How can you get a BA in History in the future? :slap: :loler:
I dunno but my fiancee has a PhD in Retrospectology!

"Hindsightation & Retrospectology - Revisionist Feminism & Perfection" was her thesis title. :lol:

Harley
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand - Authorised BFM Cab Builder

#23 Post by Harley »

Well, The War Office bought your book on her Kindle Bill.

We'll post her review :loler:
ImageSemi-retired: Former Australia and New Zealand Authorised BFM cab builder.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#24 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Harley wrote:Well, The War Office bought your book on her Kindle Bill.

We'll post her review :loler:
Sorry but Fabio isn't on the cover.

Jon Barnhardt

#25 Post by Jon Barnhardt »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
Just finished the book on kindle. Great read. Enjoyed it very much. Thanks. any other suggestions on books with similar plots?

Oscar
To tell the truth I don't have time to read books any more; the last one I read a few years ago was written by fellow UNH graduate Dan Brown. You may have heard of him.
Da Vinci Code? or maybe Angels and Demons?

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#26 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Jon Barnhardt wrote:
Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:

Oscar
Da Vinci Code? or maybe Angels and Demons?
Angels and Demons. Interesting in that it's not as predictable as most. I put a few clues into 'Sgt.York' so that the astute could have an idea of where it was going without being obvious about it.

Jon Barnhardt

#27 Post by Jon Barnhardt »

ordered the Kindle version - now to find the time to read it!

Charles Jenkinson

#28 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

Drumber wrote:(I love this thread!)
I actually wanted to suggest to Bill that, given his eponymously-named site, an "about me/us" link is something of a glaring omission. I'd love to know more about him--background, interests, how he came to be a loudspeaker designer (and what formal related training, if any he might have had), etc.
I've gleaned from reading throughout the site that apparently he is some kind of engineer, a bass player (with a band?), and now apparently, an author with a history degree, plus, of course, his upcoming fashion/shoes/accessories/perfume line.

Have I missed somewhere on the forum (or main site) where Bill does indeed go into this?

Thanks!

p.s. Kindle is supposed to automatically indent the first line of all paragraphs. blockquote is another option.

:horse: (not relevant--hopefully, I just love the smilies he has on this board!)

+1 :clap:
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

escapemcp

#29 Post by escapemcp »

Charles Jenkinson wrote:
Drumber wrote:(I love this thread!)

Thanks!

+1 :clap:
Sorry to drag up an old thread (although in my defense it is pinned), but.. +1000 :D .

I was just about to post a new thread asking for a bit of background on Bill and was looking for an appropriate forum to post it in when I stumbled upon this thread. A bit of background info would be very much appreciated - does anyone even know what he looks like??!! :cop: I originally thought he may be the Aussie guy in the T60 video (the one that probably led a lot of us here :lol: ), but as Bill lives in the US (I think) and by the sounds of it is older than said aussie guy, I now have no idea. Anyone?? Thx

escapemcp

#30 Post by escapemcp »

Ooh, I found a pic on the Amazon website. Definitely not the aussie guy!