I started off building an OMNI15 and then got the bug:

Next were a pair of 10.5s:

I've now started on a DR250 :D

More pics of my builds, and other peoples, at:

www.finnbass.com
www.finnbass.com - Bass forum

LelandCrooks

#2 Post by LelandCrooks »

Very nice. I like the switch mounted in the deep dish jack. 8)
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

finn17

#3 Post by finn17 »

LelandCrooks wrote:Very nice. I like the switch mounted in the deep dish jack. 8)
Thanks!

I wanted to make the piezos switchable and when I saw that dish I knew it was just made for the job. I think it's a standard Adam Hall product...

David Robinson

#4 Post by David Robinson »

I like the corner handles and the red grille! Very well done!
I'm not a musician, but I play one in a band.

finn17

#5 Post by finn17 »

gitfiddl wrote:I like the corner handles and the red grille! Very well done!
Thanks!

I thought they might benefit from a splash of colour, and as they are metal grills I didn't want them going rusty....I've been working on some DIY effect pedals recently and had all sorts of problems with spray paint....not drying...poor coverage etc. The best stuff I've found for ease of use is Games Workshop stuff. I believe that is 'Blood Angels Red' :D.

David Robinson

#6 Post by David Robinson »

Automotive enamels and model paints have always worked for me. SWMBO likes purple, so I painted the aluminum trim on my old Peavey amp and cab with Testor's purple model paint. Ten years later, it still looks like the I just painted it.
I'm not a musician, but I play one in a band.

finn17

#7 Post by finn17 »

Just finished the second one:

I know, I know... you shouldn't technically have tweeter arrays on opposite sides of the cabs, but it is extremely unlikely I will ever be using them as a stacked pair with both arrays switched on. I could always invert one cab if this situation did occur.

WB

#8 Post by WB »

I'd be interested on your thoughts about the differences between Omni15 vs Omni10 (Omni10.5 x 2). I know you just finished them so no rush. What strikes me about the above picture (even though it doesn't show all of the O15) is the 2 O10.5's don't seem that much smaller than the O15.

finn17

#9 Post by finn17 »

WB wrote:What strikes me about the above picture (even though it doesn't show all of the O15) is the 2 O10.5's don't seem that much smaller than the O15.
There isn't a huge difference between two 10.5s and an O15 sizewise, but it's much more convenient to be able to shift two medium-sized loads than one big one. I really struggled to get the O15 up the stairs on my own, but the two 10.5s were a breeze.

WB

#10 Post by WB »

finn17 wrote:There isn't a huge difference between two 10.5s and an O15 sizewise, but it's much more convenient to be able to shift two medium-sized loads than one big one. I really struggled to get the O15 up the stairs on my own, but the two 10.5s were a breeze.
I know what you mean about struggling with the O15. I built one 3 years ago and found it a struggle to move as well. With the tallboy variant I'm itching to start one as soon it warms up outside.