need help identifying this cabinets

Get the lowdown on the down low.
Strange Kevin

Re: need help identifying this cabinets

#16 Post by Strange Kevin »

The current Tuba 30 is close to the old T36 in size/shape at least.
30"x30"x (16"-30") for a single 12" driver option. 30+" for a dual 12
Your drivers would possibly work to swap over, although I'm not familiar with the specific Beyma drivers you have pictured above.

Hi pass filter requirements on the T30 are at 35Hz or when used in groups of 4 or more, 30Hz.

I'm not sure on the T36 specs, the T60s were already out before I came around in 2010.

Edit- ahh. I missed the last 2 posts....
Authorized Builder - Phoenix AZ.
Main Rig - 6 DR200s - 6 T48s (30")
SLA Pros for the smaller stuff.

Grant Bunter

#17 Post by Grant Bunter »

dimachertnik wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:19 pm im looking to buy or build the another pair because of the size and looks of the cabinets. the size fits my mids and hi by size perfectly. The T60 way way way too long to fit in my needs and space provided.
Arrr, sometimes finding out more is worth waiting for!

Tell us, do you set up kind of like a stereo pair? You've already said you stick your mid and highs on top, does this mean you're running a double 3 way, or are the mids and tops a single cab?
Would you usually setup with subs either side, say 10 metres apart?

The reason I'm asking is, it looks good, but it actually diminishes the subs response due to frequency cancellation.

See here:
viewtopic.php?t=398

When it says 56 feet apart for 40Hz, that's 17 metres! Even further apart below 40Hz is required.
If you're mostly indoors, you'll get better response by grouping the subs together.
If you point them at a wall adds +6dB, the same as you get by building 2 more cabs.
A corner is +12dB, or the same as building 6 more cabs.
All for free, without building a thing.

It changes the look of the setup, and sometimes is just plain unachievable, but if you do this whenever you can, you get way better response...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

dimachertnik

#18 Post by dimachertnik »

Grant Bunter wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:00 am
dimachertnik wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:19 pm im looking to buy or build the another pair because of the size and looks of the cabinets. the size fits my mids and hi by size perfectly. The T60 way way way too long to fit in my needs and space provided.
Arrr, sometimes finding out more is worth waiting for!

Tell us, do you set up kind of like a stereo pair? You've already said you stick your mid and highs on top, does this mean you're running a double 3 way, or are the mids and tops a single cab?
Would you usually setup with subs either side, say 10 metres apart?

The reason I'm asking is, it looks good, but it actually diminishes the subs response due to frequency cancellation.

See here:
viewtopic.php?t=398

When it says 56 feet apart for 40Hz, that's 17 metres! Even further apart below 40Hz is required.
If you're mostly indoors, you'll get better response by grouping the subs together.
If you point them at a wall adds +6dB, the same as you get by building 2 more cabs.
A corner is +12dB, or the same as building 6 more cabs.
All for free, without building a thing.

It changes the look of the setup, and sometimes is just plain unachievable, but if you do this whenever you can, you get way better response...

I run DJ sets outside in the desert most of the time with mono 2 stacks 20ft apart with couple double 18"s in the middle. i have EV double mids (old rare model) and EV Manifold Horns (loudest horns i ever saw). i have also an option to use 4 EAW KF850 as tops or 4 KF650 as tops with the 6 T30 each side. not sure yet what i prefer for now. i have also 6 KF300 that I'm not sure what i will do with them, they good for DJ monitor for now.
Attachments
i-img1200x900-1536409774kmandq29051.jpg
h191383634.3.jpg

Grant Bunter

#19 Post by Grant Bunter »

Arrr ok, no walls and no corners.

Where are the T36's in all this?
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...