Best Bass Cab Combinations

Combining subs, tops and all the rest of your kit.
Abushalom

Best Bass Cab Combinations

#1 Post by Abushalom »

Hello Everyone. So I run my own rental company and have come to be a huge fan of Bill's designs, I have not heard such clarity and presence in other speakers I have heard or owned. It has become necessary for me to build bass cabs for rentals and I would love to build the best combinations of Bill's bass cabs for various venue sizes, like for small 100 or less audience rooms to large 10000 or more (stadium) audiences. I would like suggestions from the experienced builders of Bill's designs, what cabs or cab combinations should I build for bass guitar for my many varying sizes of venues? Please give your suggestions of cab combinations assuming transportation and weight are not factors to be worried about. Thanks.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Best Bass Cab Combinations

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

KISS. Build Simplexx 12s and 212s. Renters can use one or two, depending on the output requirements. They look conventional enough so that those who listen with their eyes won't be put off by them.

Tom Smit

#3 Post by Tom Smit »

Abushalom, I read your post, and I am puzzled. If one is looking for a bass cab for audience of 10,000 people, wouldn't the bass run through a DI and go into the PA?
TomS

Abushalom

#4 Post by Abushalom »

😄😄😄 pardon me for the way I worded the post. I mean bass cab combinations that would work for large stages with those types of crowds as audience and smaller stages with smaller audiences. Thank you Mr Bill, your advice sounds great..😁

Abushalom

#5 Post by Abushalom »

And yes it would run to DI into a PA, my 6 Omnitop Jarray and T48 PA or the dr280 PA I'm currently building which will replace a set of chinese line array I usually rent, when I am able to get my civil engineer dad and elder brother to collaborate and design me safe flying hardware.

Tom Smit

#6 Post by Tom Smit »

It sounds like you have two different situations going. One, is rental. Two is your own PA. Am I correct?
TomS

Abushalom

#7 Post by Abushalom »

Nope both are rentals, its just sometimes I have play venues that would need more than what my 6 Omnitops can deliver so I rent a chinese line array.

Tom Smit

#8 Post by Tom Smit »

I am still puzzled. Do you rent out speaker cabinets to customers, and they set up their own PA? Or, do you provide PA support for whomever asks for you?
TomS