Handmade Tube Guitar Amp project

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Bruce Weldy

Re: Handmade Tube Guitar Amp project

#16 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Wow.....you did a bunch of mods. But, I've heard of all of those. The guy I play in a band with has his own custom amp operation. He's not building a lot right now because he opened a music store, but he's built all kinds of Fender and Marshall clones over the years.

I'm just hoping I can get through the kit build with the instructions and it works when I'm done. :)

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

NukePooch

#17 Post by NukePooch »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:34 am I'm just hoping I can get through the kit build with the instructions and it works when I'm done. :)
I've seen what you've already built, you'll do fine. Better start planning on what you're going to build next...
Over the past month, I've been thinking about building a tube hi-fi amp...Of course then, maybe I'd need some new speakers, maybe Davids to go with it... First, gotta finish up the cheap bass guitar kit I just started... LOL It just never ends!
Built:
4 Jack 112L- 3012HO, melded array
17.5 wide AutoTuba with Infinity 860w
6 Wedgehorn W6 w/ Panel Mount Piezos
2 T48 Slims (15" wide) with 3012LF
4 T48 Fattys (32" wide) with 3015LF

Bruce Weldy

#18 Post by Bruce Weldy »

NukePooch wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:06 pm Better start planning on what you're going to build next...
I strictly build for need as this point in my life......I leave the continual project building to you young guys.

If the Princeton and the new short-scale neck for my Tele works out - I'll be set for the country gigs. I'm covered on the R&R with my Boogie and the Les Paul.

Although, if I start doing any acoustic gigs, a pair of Simplexx coaxial mains could be light and fun to build....maybe even put a plate amp on the back of one to drive 'em both......crap .... now look what you've made me go and do....

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

NukePooch

#19 Post by NukePooch »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:37 pm
NukePooch wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:06 pm Better start planning on what you're going to build next...
Although, if I start doing any acoustic gigs, a pair of Simplexx coaxial mains could be light and fun to build....maybe even put a plate amp on the back of one to drive 'em both......crap .... now look what you've made me go and do....
~bows~
You're very welcome, sir!

:lol:
Built:
4 Jack 112L- 3012HO, melded array
17.5 wide AutoTuba with Infinity 860w
6 Wedgehorn W6 w/ Panel Mount Piezos
2 T48 Slims (15" wide) with 3012LF
4 T48 Fattys (32" wide) with 3015LF

DiannneBulosan

#20 Post by DiannneBulosan »

Hello there. Man, it’s been a while since your last time here. How’s your guitar project? How’s it going? Maybe you have Instagram, so we could follow you there. As for accessories, man, it’s kinda hard for me to advise you on something particular cause I don’t know what your brother’s tastes are. I wish you had given us more details on that. Still, I know one shop with the coolest guitar accessories. Mostly I buy such stuff there. Tastes differ, but I hope you’ll find something for your brother. Best wishes. HB!