Wiring Issues and Doubts

The Jack of All Trades pro-sound cabs.
alberto

Wiring Issues and Doubts

#1 Post by alberto »

Hi all,

First of all: I am from Spain, so condolences to those who're gonna read my rudimentary english.

I am having a headache trying to figure out how to do the wiring. I have read several times Bill's instructions and tried to make a wiring diagram in order to have all the information clear.
Since nobody happens to be asking about this in the forum, I assume I'm a little bit dumb. So if anyone will help me, please, I beg you to speak to me as if you spoke to a 5 years old boy.

My cohice is to make one Jack112, with the idea of making a second Jack112 in the future, therefore, the desired wiring option from the Instructions is "PA Top with pass through".

1st doubt:
The wiring detail of the "Neutrik" website says that 2+ and 2- are in a reverse location when compared to Bill's instructions. (see pic)

2nd doubt:
How does the input signal go from pole 1+ to pole 2+? Does the Neutrik Speakon have internal bridges? (see pic)

3th doubt:
When choosing the Coil, instructions say: DC Resistance must be less than 5% of load impedance.
The load impedance is calculated with the impedance of Amplifier, right?
If I have a Eden TN501, it's always 4 Ohms, however its connected to either one or two cabs, correct?

Thanks you all.
Attachments
speakon.png

Bruce Weldy

Re: Wiring Issues and Doubts

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

If this is for bass guitar use, there is no need to use the pass-thru wiring. Just use 1+ and 1-. That goes to the crossover. The pass through is for using one 4 wire cable to run both the Jack and a sub.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

alberto

#3 Post by alberto »

Thanks Bruce Weldy, it was fast!

Do you mean this, right? (see pic)
Attachments
speakon2.png

Bryan Cox

#4 Post by Bryan Cox »

Yes that's right. This is an internal daisy chain.
Otop 12 x 4 (Delta Pro 12-450a) 2x melded, 2x straight
Titan 39 x 4 (3012LF) 20" wide

Seth

#5 Post by Seth »

alberto wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:41 am 3th doubt:
When choosing the Coil, instructions say: DC Resistance must be less than 5% of load impedance.
The load impedance is calculated with the impedance of Amplifier, right?
If I have a Eden TN501, it's always 4 Ohms, however its connected to either one or two cabs, correct?
I believe that's meant to be simply based on the rated nominal impedance of the driver. Or, in the case of cabs with multiple drivers, the calculated load based on the drivers nominal impedance.
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#6 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

alberto wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:41 am The load impedance is calculated with the impedance of Amplifier, right?
The amp does not have impedance, speakers do. If the amp has an impedance tag on the back it's the minimum total speaker impedance that may be used with it.

Bruce Weldy

#7 Post by Bruce Weldy »

alberto wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:16 am Thanks Bruce Weldy, it was fast!

Do you mean this, right? (see pic)
Si

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."