What Size Router Bit for 1/2" Plywood Cab

Post your build odyssey here.
ACUA

Re: What Size Router Bit for 1/2" Plywood Cab

#16 Post by ACUA »

AxeMan7 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:40 am Bill.
I see patience it not one of your virtues!
Bill has been putting up with our crap for 20 some odd years. I have been on the forum for like 6 years and I see the same patterns with almost all the new comers. I did it myself. We are all for the most part free spirited do it yourself types, smart enough to go a long way to innovate but not smart enough to fully design/develop a speaker system from scratch on our own. Most of us are on budgets and are trying to be as efficient as possible that is to say cut as many corner as we can get away with. When we see something that looks like a corner to cut or a good idea we get all excited, see we are smart and can innovate we think, but often Bill and others have to straighten us back out. we often don’t have all the little details or we want all the details l, and for us to be spoon fed every little detail associated with every design decision all the engineering concepts, it gets old. Yes Bill’s patients grow short. Does he like flexing his administrative position here, I know I would?
Advanced Concepts Underground Audio

Bruce Weldy

#17 Post by Bruce Weldy »

ACUA wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:31 am Yes Bill’s patients grow short.
An example of short patients..... :mrgreen:
download.jpg

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#18 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

I find myself having to do very little administration, other than approving registrations from real people and deleting those from bots. I don't have to reply that much either. With the seasoned crew of regulars here about the only time I need to step in is with a technical question that they can't handle or to confirm their opinion when a newcomer questions it.

howiez

#19 Post by howiez »

A good carbide 3/8 router bit will eat through those nails without breaking a sweat, and is the proper radius on a cab as someone mentioned.

I try to keep my nail gun to the inside and set them a bit, but I always end up sparking a few off as I go 'round!