Titan 39 Wide build

Post your build odyssey here.
Bryan Cox

Re: Titan 39 Wide build

#16 Post by Bryan Cox »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:58 pm An if you really want to do it right, add a rack panel with your inputs and outputs on the back of the rack so you never have to reach inside of the rack (keeps everything safe from getting inadvertently screwed up).
🤣 Shameless plug for Bruce's rack panel creation.

P.S. I'm gonna get materials to start my own.
Otop 12 x 4 (Delta Pro 12-450a) 2x melded, 2x straight
Titan 39 x 4 (3012LF) 20" wide

Bruce Weldy

#17 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Bryan Cox wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:40 pm

I've definitely built a few of those for bands/venues around town over the years. His would be simple - Two XLR Inputs, Two XLR outputs for the Tops, One Speakon output to the sub. Nice and clean and doesn't have to be touched again.

If you are going to build one - get a Greeley Knock-out punch. 15/16" ........it's worth every penny. After years of using a step-bit to drill out those holes, I finally got smart.

In case the OP doesn't know what we're talking about.....here's a rack panel from an install in a local venue that I did.
IMG_3532.JPG

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bryan Cox

#18 Post by Bryan Cox »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:28 pm
Bryan Cox wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:40 pm

I've definitely built a few of those for bands/venues around town over the years. His would be simple - Two XLR Inputs, Two XLR outputs for the Tops, One Speakon output to the sub. Nice and clean and doesn't have to be touched again.

If you are going to build one - get a Greeley Knock-out punch. 15/16" ........it's worth every penny. After years of using a step-bit to drill out those holes, I finally got smart.

In case the OP doesn't know what we're talking about.....here's a rack panel from an install in a local venue that I did.

IMG_3532.JPG
Excellent work! 🤘👍
Otop 12 x 4 (Delta Pro 12-450a) 2x melded, 2x straight
Titan 39 x 4 (3012LF) 20" wide

Mr Freeze

#19 Post by Mr Freeze »

Bruce, Bryan thanks again.

I did see that Crown amp, wondered if it would suffice. Check.

Not knowing anything practically about racks, was wondering if a 4U would work. Check.

Also, love the idea of a rack panel. I can fabricate that. Will start with the Greeley suggestion. Check.

Now .. just need some warmer weather (I’m in Vermont) so I can get out to the garage and start my dance with the PL. :lol:

Bruce Weldy

#20 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Mr Freeze wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:50 am Now .. just need some warmer weather (I’m in Vermont) so I can get out to the garage and start my dance with the PL. :lol:
Ha....I've been in the garage this morning making sawdust in short sleeves. Suppose to get to 80 today. I'd love to give you 10 degrees year-round. Sure would make summers more tolerable.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Mr Freeze

#21 Post by Mr Freeze »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:56 am
Mr Freeze wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:50 am Now .. just need some warmer weather (I’m in Vermont) so I can get out to the garage and start my dance with the PL. :lol:
Ha....I've been in the garage this morning making sawdust in short sleeves. Suppose to get to 80 today. I'd love to give you 10 degrees year-round. Sure would make summers more tolerable.
I lived in Austin for a year. Loved it until I was still running the AC at Thanksgiving :lol:

Two more months here before real shirtsleeve garage work. Ah well ..plusses and minuses … cheers !