Hello from NiteWolf (small question)

Get the lowdown on the down low.
nitewolf

Hello from NiteWolf (small question)

#1 Post by nitewolf »

Hello! I am actually quite old for these as I built a set of tuba 24's 20 years ago. WONDERFUL SUBS and I didnt even stick to the plans 100% back then. This run im building 4 and planning to stick to them to the "T". Problem is that im a little unsavvy at modern day tech or design stuff and dont know how to make this crazy file into a printed bluprint!!! Bought the plans again since i didnt have the old ones anymore and dont mind as they are that good! Would love someone to chat with! Im great in my wood shop but terrible with design software!

Seth

Re: Hello from NiteWolf (small question)

#2 Post by Seth »

Welcome back. Chat away... Is it the Sketchup file you're trying to open? If so, you'll need to either signup for a free Sketchup account (recommended) or download the Sketchup Viewer software (free too, but no tools, just a viewer).

The free account is web based, requires an internet connection, and has all the functions needed to measure pieces, move parts to better see other parts, and customize nearly any detail of the design.

The Viewer is Downloaded and run from your PC, so it doesn't need an internet connection to run. But, it's functionality is limited to viewing the 3D model only.
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

nitewolf

#3 Post by nitewolf »

Yes it is the file. I figured out how to measure each item but wow... this is going to be a project! Ill be making some changes but not to anything interior... Just some looks on the outside to make them a little flashy. Going to put a rubber gasket between some mounts so they can double as a DJ stand as well as some lighting. Ill see what i can do after the parts come in :)

nitewolf

#4 Post by nitewolf »

I cant remember how i did it before...

Bruce Weldy

#5 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Welcome back.....

You should be able to build a T24 from the printed plans and not even need to look at the Sketchup. It's really a simple build. All of the dimensions are listed in the plans, along with detailed step-by-step instructions.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

nitewolf

#6 Post by nitewolf »

I didnt see any printed plans or material lists unfortunately

Bryan Cox

#7 Post by Bryan Cox »

Hello, NiteWolf. Your plans should be in the email you received from Bill. It will be a Microsoft Word document. Those will guide you step-by-step.
Otop 12 x 4 (Delta Pro 12-450a) 2x melded, 2x straight
Titan 39 x 4 (3012LF) 20" wide

Bruce Weldy

#8 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Bryan Cox wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:47 pm Hello, NiteWolf. Your plans should be in the email you received from Bill. It will be a Microsoft Word document. Those will guide you step-by-step.
Or PDF, if you requested it that way.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

nitewolf

#9 Post by nitewolf »

Well i feel old. It was there... i just opened it wrong :P Thank you! Ill update as i go in the other channel :)