basic options and recommend number of cabs

High power and fidelity from an easy to build cabinet.
amcsc4

basic options and recommend number of cabs

#1 Post by amcsc4 »

Does anyone have an spl trace for the ot12 using the beta12/asd option? Is the recommended number of cabs by people number referencing the basic or premium driver? Is the recommended number of cabs per person an outdoor/indoor recommendation?

Bruce Weldy

Re: basic options and recommend number of cabs

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

First, I'm going to suggest that you use the DL2512 instead of the Beta12 and the F151M-8 instead of the ASD. The 2512 is lighter and the OT12 is a little back heavy - the Beta accentuates that. And the F151M-8 lets you use the 1.2k crossover option that sounds better.

How do I know? I've get 'em and have been running 'em for several years.

It's always hard to determine how much PA you need for how many people. Depends on what kind of music you are delivering to what kind of crowd in what kind of space.

I use my 4 OT12s (along with 6 T39s) outside with crowds of 300-500 people who are sitting at least 50 feet back from the stage. For the live music we are doing, there is plenty of volume. The carry is amazing - I've had people several hundred yards away tell me they could understand every word being sung/said.

What is your situation? What kind of music? What kind of crowd? What are you trying to accomplish?

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."