Bought a bunch of plans still haven't built anything...

Combining subs, tops and all the rest of your kit.
Bruce Weldy

Re: Bought a bunch of plans still haven't built anything...

#106 Post by Bruce Weldy »

CarterKraft wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:13 pm
Grant Bunter wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:15 am The BP102-4 will be great in a sub.
T24, T39, T45 are all candidates.
You will also be surprised how loud it can get with it's voltage limit.
As has already been stated though, you would want to wire it in series, not parallel, for one amp channel, if you added another...
Thanks for the suggestions on cabs.
Can I ask you the same question as Seth,
For recorded music (mostly Country) alone no live stuff would your pick be the T45?
For country, a T39 has plenty of low end. If it's a small space, then a T24 would be fine. T45 is a big cab.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Grant Bunter

#107 Post by Grant Bunter »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:31 pm
Grant Bunter wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:15 am The BP102-4 will be great in a sub.
As has already been stated though, you would want to wire it in series, not parallel, for one amp channel, if you added another...
For recorded music (mostly Country) alone no live stuff would your pick be the T45?
For country, a T39 has plenty of low end. If it's a small space, then a T24 would be fine. T45 is a big cab.
What Bruce said :)
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

CarterKraft

#108 Post by CarterKraft »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:31 pm
Good to know, I have not ever put much research into the subs outside of the auto flavor.
I have two spots that need a sub, a "party" room in a buddies barndominum and his shop audio system.
The party room is 25'x20'-8' ceiling and the shop space is 75'x50'-14' ceiling.
I can't really go wrong starting with either box but I think I''ll start with the T24 as it will fit the party room much better than the larger variants.
Weldon Carter

Bruce Weldy

#109 Post by Bruce Weldy »

CarterKraft wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:03 pm
I can't really go wrong starting with either box but I think I''ll start with the T24 as it will fit the party room much better than the larger variants.
Remember that you'll need limiting on either one of those if you are going to push it hard.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Grant Bunter

#110 Post by Grant Bunter »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:06 pm
Remember that you'll need limiting on either one of those if you are going to push it hard.
Yep. An older type DBX driverack is probably best value for money.
And amplifier power? Look for something that will do roughly 450W/4ohms/channel, and limit by about 6dB, to get 35V.
You'd still need to measure though, but that ballparks you straight up...
Built:

CarterKraft

#111 Post by CarterKraft »

Will do, the owner knows nada about the system except for volume knob.
The good news is I haven't bought any of these components for either system so I shouldn't have any trouble there.
Weldon Carter

Grant Bunter

#112 Post by Grant Bunter »

Grant Bunter wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:12 pm
Bruce Weldy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:06 pm
Yep. An older type DBX driverack is probably best value for money.
And amplifier power? Look for something that will do roughly 450W/4ohms/channel, and limit by about 6dB, to get 35V.
You'd still need to measure though, but that ballparks you straight up...
Ooooo wait up lol.
You have a BP102-4.
You will need to ask Bill what the voltage limit is for that.
My value of 35V is for the BP102 (which is the 8 ohm version).
The 4 ohm versions usually have a lower voltage limit, but output is the same..
Built:

CarterKraft

#113 Post by CarterKraft »

For sure on the voltage limit.
I haven't even bought those plans (going for the full Suite) and will verify all parameters pertaining to the 4 ohm.

I am not holding you to any specs, but I do appreciate you mentioning it.
Weldon Carter

Seth

#114 Post by Seth »

CarterKraft wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:49 pm
Seth wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:34 pm I also picked up an inexpensive BP102 (not -4 though), open box deal on Amazon for about the same price. Was just a impulse buy when I saw the deal. If I ever get around to putting it in something, it'll probably be either a Max width T39 for band rehearsals or T45 for the garage system/party PA.
This is how these things start :lol:
Absolutely not. T39 would be fantastic for your needs. I have a decent collection of tunes that would love the extension of a T45. But, for all "normal" music T39 is the way to go.

Wait... did I just call Country Music "normal"??? LOL J/K. I enjoy country music too. :cowboy:
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

CarterKraft

#115 Post by CarterKraft »

Seth wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:17 pm
CarterKraft wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:49 pm
Seth wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:34 pm I also picked up an inexpensive BP102 (not -4 though), open box deal on Amazon for about the same price. Was just a impulse buy when I saw the deal. If I ever get around to putting it in something, it'll probably be either a Max width T39 for band rehearsals or T45 for the garage system/party PA.
This is how these things start :lol:
Absolutely not. T39 would be fantastic for your needs. I have a decent collection of tunes that would love the extension of a T45. But, for all "normal" music T39 is the way to go.

Wait... did I just call Country Music "normal"??? LOL J/K. I enjoy country music too. :cowboy:
It's a slippery slope. I like older country and some Texas country but it is usually not my first choice. My wife drags me to Texas Country concerts often and I enjoyed a festival out at Melody Mountain for the last 3 years that is entirely Texas country.

BUT it's not my jam, I like classic rock and my curated country playlist just fine but if my headphones are on and I want to groove it's more Dubstep, DnB etc.

This system I am talking about using the woofer for is for my friend who is full country all the time, so different uses for sure.
Weldon Carter

Bruce Weldy

#116 Post by Bruce Weldy »

CarterKraft wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:42 pm My wife drags me to Texas Country concerts often and I enjoyed a festival out at Melody Mountain for the last 3 years that is entirely Texas country.

Where do you live? I just hollered at Randy Rogers as he walked by my house yesterday. His guitar player lives across the street from me. If she likes Texas Country, I imagine she knows who that is....

Wade Bowen also lives in my town and I mix Ray Wylie Hubbard every two weeks for a radio show he does.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

CarterKraft

#117 Post by CarterKraft »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:04 pm
CarterKraft wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:42 pm My wife drags me to Texas Country concerts often and I enjoyed a festival out at Melody Mountain for the last 3 years that is entirely Texas country.

Where do you live? I just hollered at Randy Rogers as he walked by my house yesterday. His guitar player lives across the street from me. If she likes Texas Country, I imagine she knows who that is....

Wade Bowen also lives in my town and I mix Ray Wylie Hubbard every two weeks for a radio show he does.
I just realized I don't have my location in my profile...
I live in Springtown, 30 minutes NW of Fort Worth.

Very familiar with all those guys, just went to see Wade and Randy at Billy Bobs last month.
My wife is gonna be really jealous of you.

Best act I have seen yet for sound was Shiny Ribs at Rhymes and Vines a few years back, super clean sound, I was blown away.
Weldon Carter

Bruce Weldy

#118 Post by Bruce Weldy »

CarterKraft wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:31 pm
Bruce Weldy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:04 pm

I just realized I don't have my location in my profile...
I live in Springtown, 30 minutes NW of Fort Worth.

Very familiar with all those guys, just went to see Wade and Randy at Billy Bobs last month.
My wife is gonna be really jealous of you.

Best act I have seen yet for sound was Shiny Ribs at Rhymes and Vines a few years back, super clean sound, I was blown away.
I just mixed Randy on Ray Wylie's show last month. I've mixed him a handful of times on acoustic shows.

My daughter-in-law is from Springtown.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

CarterKraft

#119 Post by CarterKraft »

This is a tiny world, it's always exciting to get reminded of that.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at some of these shows, the guitar is so loud the words are not even audible, if you don't know the song good luck even being able to understand what is being sung.
And I don't think these guys are bad singers, just doesn't really make sense to me.
Weldon Carter

Bruce Weldy

#120 Post by Bruce Weldy »

CarterKraft wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:40 pm This is a tiny world, it's always exciting to get reminded of that.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at some of these shows, the guitar is so loud the words are not even audible, if you don't know the song good luck even being able to understand what is being sung.
And I don't think these guys are bad singers, just doesn't really make sense to me.
I don't go to those shows, but I've been to a couple of Randy's shows and the mix was really good. Their FOH guy has been with 'em for years and knows his stuff......he lives in the DFW area.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210