Tuba 45 Build

Post your build odyssey here.
Seth

Re: Tuba 45 Build

#46 Post by Seth »

We've had that conversation before, and IIRC Bill said he'd design one if we could come up with a couple thousand dollars in pre-orders.

Personally, I think he should design it just because. Even if it's ridiculous and unneeded, there would be no other name out there that could match it.

A long time ago I was in sales. And in the sales training they told a story. I think it was "Lady Kenmore", or something like that. Back in the olden days, Sears Roebuck came out with a refrigerator that was so much larger than what was available at the time, that most salesmen and customers considered it ridiculous. But the company made it mandatory for their salesmen to show and present it to every customer shopping for a refrigerator. As the story goes, their whole line of refrigerators gained a huge market share in the following years, with that "ridiculously large" refrigerator at the top of sales... or something to that effect.

Same goes for auto makers. An over the top performance or luxury car, even though costing more than the average person can afford and offering ridiculously more performance or luxury conveniences than one really needs... adds huge branding value and the whole lineup sells better. The value of association is real and incredibly powerful. No matter how ridiculous, if you have the biggest baddest... the whole product line gets a boost in credibility from mere association.

Paul, in actuality, you would still need a large herd of those to properly represent 16Hz outdoors... which, from what I gather, even the top of the top of the EDM concert audio game (Ex: Claire Brothers, Funktion-One, etc.) don't bother trying to reproduce outdoors.

However, I still like the idea and see great value of having something like that in the product line-up. Without it, I could see doing 8 T60's semi-permanently mounted on a trailer, down firing.
Last edited by Seth on Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#47 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Seth wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:42 pm from what I gather, even the top of the top of the EDM concert audio game (Ex: Claire Brothers, Funktion-One, etc.) don't bother trying to reproduce outdoors.
They don't. The number of boxes and amps required make it impractical, so they high pass at 25-30Hz. They do so indoors as well.

Strange Kevin

#48 Post by Strange Kevin »

Some form of "Extra" Super Sub would be completely awesome. (T60 is already pretty super!)
I've wondered before about one with Powersoft's M-Force driver that clames to suitable for horn loading. :)

But, all said and done, for the size / cost, would it really out preform, say 4 T60's?? I don't know, I'm not that smart..
Plus it would not be quite as scalable as the multiple cabs...

Hmmm, You could fit 8 30" wide 2x12 T60 on a 5x10 flat bed trailer pretty easily! That could be a lot of fun! :)
Authorized Builder - Phoenix AZ.
Main Rig - 6 DR200s - 6 T48s (30")
SLA Pros for the smaller stuff.

Rich4349

#49 Post by Rich4349 »

Uh-oh: noises hath issued from the caves where Leviathan's name was last spoken...

Perhaps a horn of that throat length wouldn't be used to hit 17hz, but to
1 hit 25hz (ok, maybe 20 8) ) with authority
2 provide an even safer boundary between blown drivers and audio nervana
3 provide amateur and lower level PA guys with something to swing at the competitions that always seem to happen

How many would go in on the $2xxx design fee? :idea: :twisted:
2 DR250s, 2 27" Lab15 T-60s, 2 30" Neo Titan 39s, 1 Autotuba...and looking for more!