Jack 12 Full Piezo Crossover Pics

The Jack of All Trades pro-sound cabs.
nola50

Jack 12 Full Piezo Crossover Pics

#1 Post by nola50 »

I’m finally in the long home stretch completion of my 2 Jack 12 Lites with Leland Crooks excellent build of 2 full piezo arrays.

Looking at the build out for the crossover, I am looking for any pics you might have of your examples. I know there are some crafty things you have done.

Also, I’ve seen some ideas of using hot glue for the components, but I don’t feel they will be sturdy enough over time. I was heading toward cable ties.

Thank you in advance for your comments. This forum is a big help to all.

Bruce Weldy

Re: Jack 12 Full Piezo Crossover Pics

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

nola50 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:44 am I’m finally in the long home stretch completion of my 2 Jack 12 Lites with Leland Crooks excellent build of 2 full piezo arrays.

Looking at the build out for the crossover, I am looking for any pics you might have of your examples. I know there are some crafty things you have done.

Also, I’ve seen some ideas of using hot glue for the components, but I don’t feel they will be sturdy enough over time. I was heading toward cable ties.

Thank you in advance for your comments. This forum is a big help to all.
Hot glue AND zip ties.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

himhimself

#3 Post by himhimself »

I used terminal blocks when I built mine for my j-arrays, assuming jack x-overs would be similar. Was real happy with how they turned out and minimizes the soldering. I have a pic in my build thread - not sure the hyperlink is pasting in correctly - but you can search for it under Otop Jarray build. I used zip ties and hot glue, and I think maybe even some PL for extra hold.

download/file.php?id=13332&mode=view
2xT30 (20", 3012LF)
2xT30 (21", 3012LF)
4xOtop J-array (Beta12, melded/straight piezos)
Truck Tuba (MCM)
Next up: 2xJack12 or family of table tubas

nola50

#4 Post by nola50 »

Very nice and clean!

I'd like to do both filters together and mount them on the back cover on one side with the 2 combo jacks on the other side.

Dale Hammer

#5 Post by Dale Hammer »

I used turret board construction since I build tube amps once in a while. These are from my Jack 10's.
IMG_2780.jpeg
IMG_2781.jpeg
IMG_2782.jpeg
IMG_2800.jpeg
Definitely wire ties for the heavy items.