Simplexx 10 crossovers

Our easiest to build speaker lineup.
Bruce Weldy

Simplexx 10 crossovers

#1 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Still contemplating building a Simplexx 10 or Wedge 10......

In looking at the two plans.....the crossover values are different for these two boxes even though they use the exact same drivers and CD.

Is there a reason? Are they close enough that they are interchangeable? Does the box volume require the difference?

I like the size of the Wedge and can use it for a top also....but, if it has a different voicing, what is the difference? The chart looks like the PA top has more high end than the wedge. Would I be better off with that crossover if I intend to use it more that way? I always have EQ to tame things.

Anyway......just want to know....

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Simplexx 10 crossovers

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

The 2kHz 8 ohm crossovers are identical.

Bruce Weldy

Re: Simplexx 10 crossovers

#3 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 pm The 2kHz 8 ohm crossovers are identical.
I was looking at the original plans for both from 2015. Once I saw the difference, I went to the Simplexx Forum page to look for a plan update. Normally, updates are pinned to the top, but there was nothing there.

However, I just went back through my files and found the 2017 update, and yes they are the same.

Thanks

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."