DR's and Tubas

Post your reviews and pictures here.
mj90210

DR's and Tubas

#1 Post by mj90210 »

I just thought I would give a quick review for someone possibly on the fence of what system to build or to buy. Disclaimer-I don't run sound for a living and I don't know everything about it but I appreciate good sound/systems more than most. Between myself and my colleagues we have heard some of THE best systems in the US and Europe at the largest/best clubs in the world and the largest festivals. These systems are played on by the best EDM producers/DJ's in the world and I can confidently say our BFM system beats out most of them. We recently had a small event outside with 2-DR300's and 8-Dual Loaded T60's. The setup was carefully setup with the DR's high in the air and aimed properly for our dance floor area and the 8 tubas were in a 2 high by 4 wide configuration. Amplification and processing was done by mediocre equipment but done correctly. The result was JAW DROPPING clarity and output. The equipment ran for over 30 hours with zero issues with the majority of the time at full tilt.

When properly setup and tuned this system will leave you speechless. Guaranteed it would silence the critics. Thanks again Mr. Fitzmaurice!
Thank You All for Your Time!!...Really!

Built:
2xDR300's
4xDual-30” Tuba 60’s
Simplex 21" Eminence NSW6021
1x20” THT
TLAH‘S
SLA Center-9 driver and Surrounds
SLA pros
TrT 10" Driver-10" Wide
Auto Tuba 10" Driver

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: DR's and Tubas

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Call me Bill, please. :wink:

Tom Smit

#3 Post by Tom Smit »

:clap:
TomS

ACUA

#4 Post by ACUA »

If you successfully built a dr300 you are a pro in my book man!
Advanced Concepts Underground Audio

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#5 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

DR300 is no more difficult to build than any DR, it's just bigger.

CoronaOperator

#6 Post by CoronaOperator »

mj90210 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:35 pm Between myself and my colleagues we have heard some of THE best systems in the US and Europe at the largest/best clubs in the world and the largest festivals.

When properly setup and tuned this system will leave you speechless. Guaranteed it would silence the critics. Thanks again Mr. Fitzmaurice!
Yep, I've had over 80 of those DJ's that play those largest/best festivals/clubs in NA, SA, Europe, and Australia play on my BFM system and they the artists say the exact same thing!
I've had a world renowned Void sponsored DJ who didn't believe me that my system wasn't a custom void system. BFM properly set up is the real deal. It helps if it looks the part too!

Attachments
20161109_223139.JPG
Built:
17" width 10" driver Autotuba
2 x 29" width dual Lab12 Tuba60
6 x DR250 2510/asd1001
In progress:
2 x DR250 2510/asd1001
For best results, point the loud end of the array towards the audience