Hello from NC

lflogsdon

Hello from NC

#1 Post by lflogsdon »

My name is Louis and I'm glad to be part of this group. I am relatively new to home theater but I find myself getting deeper into everyday. I have been looking to upgrading my low frequency and have looked at several options: 4 Sealed 18"s, a couple LLT 18" (marty sub specifically) and I read about the TUBA HT last night. It sounded like a great solution so I bought the plans to build it. I went to home depot and Lowes to try to price out the wood but they didn't have the Auraco ACX that was recommended. However, they did have the types of plywood that were recommended to NOT use. With that being said, whats the best option that would be available at either of these locations? Hope to learn as much as possible here in this forum and get to building ASAP! thanks.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Hello from NC

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

When it comes to plywood big box=bad idea. Go to a real lumberyard. They're still out there, and they carry the good stuff.

Grant Bunter

#3 Post by Grant Bunter »

Welcome to the forum :)
Someone from NC will hopefully be along soon and tell you some sources...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Bruce Weldy

#4 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Here's a place.....you didn't list your city, so I don't know if it's close or not.

https://hardwoodstore.com/hardwood-plywood

Scroll down to Baltic Birch 5x5.

It's a little pricey compared to what I pay here in Texas. But, just wanted you to see the kind of places that carry it.

Google "lumber suppliers in North Carolina" - you'll find some stores to check out.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

lflogsdon

#5 Post by lflogsdon »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:16 pm Here's a place.....you didn't list your city, so I don't know if it's close or not.

It's a little pricey compared to what I pay here in Texas. But, just wanted you to see the kind of places that carry it.

Google "lumber suppliers in North Carolina" - you'll find some stores to check out.
Thats about 3 hours from me, but hey its a start. thank you sir.

Bruce Weldy

#6 Post by Bruce Weldy »

lflogsdon wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:35 pm
Bruce Weldy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:16 pm Here's a place.....you didn't list your city, so I don't know if it's close or not.

Thats about 3 hours from me, but hey its a start. thank you sir.

Put your location in your profile and there may be some folks close by who can direct you to a closer source.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

lflogsdon

#7 Post by lflogsdon »

edit profile to add location. Jacksonville, NC 28546

Tom Smit

#8 Post by Tom Smit »

Welcome to the forum!
TomS