wth?

Is this amp OK?
Rich4349

wth?

#1 Post by Rich4349 »

Is this a total joke, or something worth investigating? The pricepoint is a bit high to merit serious interest, but the specs *ssem* comparable to the Labgruppen model.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-FP100 ... 2162573779
2 DR250s, 2 27" Lab15 T-60s, 2 30" Neo Titan 39s, 1 Autotuba...and looking for more!

Bruce Weldy

Re: wth?

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Rich4349 wrote:Is this a total joke, or something worth investigating? The pricepoint is a bit high to merit serious interest, but the specs *ssem* comparable to the Labgruppen model.

Not a joke, just a fraud.

You notice that they call it "our FP10000Q"? No brand name anywhere. Chinese knock off right down to listing the exact same specs as the real deal......(except for one...and that one matches the Ashley)

I'm sure Lab Gruppen is out looking for these guys to shut 'em down.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#3 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

You can find Chinese knockoffs of anything. For instance:
http://www.made-in-china.com/multi-sear ... ker/1.html

dswpro

#4 Post by dswpro »

alibaba.com and aliexpress.com have similar or the same stuff. Are they "knock-offs" or is it the real factory going into business for themselves after hours and barely re-labeling the items? I have a friend who swears his new Chinese line arrays and 4 channel power amps are the real deal. I can attest they sound every bit as good as the brand they look like, and he had his company logos placed on the speakers, amps, covers and road cases. Of course you have to pay freight from China and they take weeks to arrive, and I don't know what your remedies are if you don't get your merchandise, but he's rolling with a 16K$ PA system that would have run 50K$+ with a name brand on it.

DJPhatman

#5 Post by DJPhatman »

The Chinese knock-off problems are quality control, quality control and quality control. The name-brand companies, like Harmon Kardon, QSC, Lab Gruppon, etc. almost always have their representatives performing QC checks, all along the assembly and finish times. The Chinese knock-offs do not. Their goal is to produce them as quickly as possible and sell them. While they claim long warranties, there are no service centers outside of mainland China. Good luck enforcing the warranty. :roll:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

CoronaOperator

#6 Post by CoronaOperator »

dswpro wrote:, but he's rolling with a 16K$ PA system that would have run 50K$+ with a name brand on it.
Me too! :hyper: :hyper:
Built:
17" width 10" driver Autotuba
2 x 29" width dual Lab12 Tuba60
6 x DR250 2510/asd1001
In progress:
2 x DR250 2510/asd1001
For best results, point the loud end of the array towards the audience

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#7 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

dswpro wrote: is it the real factory going into business for themselves after hours and barely re-labeling the items?
The 'real factory' wouldn't take that chance for fear of losing their contract. Knock-offs look like the real deal, but you'd have to go inside them to see if the resemblance is more than skin deep.

David Raehn

#8 Post by David Raehn »

These have been wrung out and tested elsewhere:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-s ... fiers.html

I just have a tough time trusting them enough to employ on a paying gig....

I own a few Inukes and am beginning to trust them... a little.
BFM rig:
6 OT12
4 T48
4 WH8
Other:
56 box Electrotec LabQ rig
Way too many cables
:noob:

Mkulu

#9 Post by Mkulu »

Rich4349 wrote:Is this a total joke, or something worth investigating? The pricepoint is a bit high to merit serious interest, but the specs *ssem* comparable to the Labgruppen model.

No trust Chinese Junk, even the components are a fraud. They will not last long.
Sure Electronics are a trustworthy source but their stuff is over priced.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#10 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Mkulu wrote: No trust Chinese Junk, even the components are a fraud. They will not last long.
Virtually every component used by every electronics manufacturer comes from Asia, most from China. That includes the device you used to place your post. I have no respect for the Chinese government that does not enforce patents and copyrights, but that's a political issue.

88h88

#11 Post by 88h88 »

I have a book called 'Poorly Made in China' which offers insight into how they do business over there. It's full on shady.
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"