Hello from Cork, Ireland!

Meticula

Hello from Cork, Ireland!

#1 Post by Meticula »

Hey guys, decided it was time to post an introduction as I'm thinking of starting up a build thread! Always been interested in building my own rig after witnessing first hand BFM's designs.
Bought all the 1/2inch birch ply and should be starting on a pair of Tuba 30's to begin with.

Looking forward to talking with you all
Building 2x Omnitop 12s (Eminence Beta 12's)
2x Tuba 30s (LAB 12's) powered with a PKN XD2500

J_Dunavin

Re: Hello from Cork, Ireland!

#2 Post by J_Dunavin »

Welcome!
What what are you going to use them for?
2 - OTop8
2 - T39
8 - DR200
2 - DR250
9 - T24
6 - T45
1 - Auto Tuba

Grant Bunter

#3 Post by Grant Bunter »

Meticula,
Welcome to the forum :)

With your builds, it's much better to ask questions beforehand if you're not sure, or simply don't understand. Since we're from all around the world, someone will usually answer quickly.

The same goes for using these designs.
In case you haven't worked it out, you absolutely positively need brick wall limiting to protect your drivers.
Most people will do that one of two ways;
Rack mounted DSP, the most common examples being either the DBX Driverack series or the Behringer DCX2496.

or, Amplifiers with built in DSP...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Tom Smit

#4 Post by Tom Smit »

Welcome to the forum!
AS was posted, don't be afraid to ask the questions if you are not certain about the plans. Oh, and about the plans, read the plans over so many times that you could build them from memory (but don't :shock: :) ).
TomS

Meticula

#5 Post by Meticula »

J_Dunavin, I'm planning on using them for local parties and the likes, as well as for use in a small local festival next July!

Grant, appreciate the advice mate, I'll be sure to ask if I run into any difficulty. In regards to the limiting, I was planning on purchasing a limiter (one of the ones you suggested sound perfect) eventually. But I shall delve into the running of the subs closer to the time that i have them built! Have a love of electronics so I'm really looking forward into doing my research about what I'll need.. Might be pricey though!

I'd say I've read the plans 20 times over while I've been waiting for my Birch ply to arrive, can't be too prepared!

commander_dan

#6 Post by commander_dan »

Nice choice of sub, I built 'em 24" wide with premium drivers; they crank pretty hard :) What sort of music are you playing? I only ask because some of the material I play is too low for a pair of T30's, which is where having a group of 4 or more comes in handy. If you're playing EDM / dubstep and other bass heavy musics, I recommend 4 cabs ;)

Looking forward to your build thread!
Built:
6 T30 (24", 3012LF)
2 OT12 (MA, 3012HO)
2 T24 (18", 3010LF)

Running:
DCX2496
XTi 2002
XTi 4002
TRAKTOR Z2
TECHNICS 1210 Mk5's

Meticula

#7 Post by Meticula »

commander_dan wrote:Nice choice of sub, I built 'em 24" wide with premium drivers; they crank pretty hard :) What sort of music are you playing? I only ask because some of the material I play is too low for a pair of T30's, which is where having a group of 4 or more comes in handy. If you're playing EDM / dubstep and other bass heavy musics, I recommend 4 cabs ;)

Looking forward to your build thread!
I think mine are going to be around the same width! I'm going to be using Eminence LAB12's.. Well I'm a big fan of drum and bass, house, and everything in between! Once I manage to get these built between me and a couple friends of mine we should have 6.. :wink: