From Norway with Sound

Join

From Norway with Sound

#1 Post by Join »

Hi!

I'm a guy from Norway that have gotten a little hooked on horns.. :)

Just moved in a new house last summer, and have almost managed to finish the Mancave/TV-room/guest-room.
I am installing a sliding door on the right side here, to provide a little sound proofing to the rest of the house.

My stereo setup:

The back wall got some hours in it:

The room got electrical piping to to hide speaker wires and such.

Currently looking for a WAF friendly subwoofer build, to fit my speakers and limited space.

I am really looking forward to get the time to sit down and just listen.

Best regards,

John

Tom Smit

Re: From Norway with Sound

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

Hi John. Welcome to the forum! Your room is coming along nicely.

Are you going to be watching a lot of movies? If so, the THT may be the one for you. It can be built in one of two different forms as shown on the sales page.
TomS

Join

#3 Post by Join »

Tom Smit wrote:Hi John. Welcome to the forum! Your room is coming along nicely.
Thanks!
Looking forward to finish it! Curious about how the back-wall will turn out. Now it got some 2" acoustic dampening plates and I got some grey scene molton to cover that wall.
Tom Smit wrote:Are you going to be watching a lot of movies? If so, the THT may be the one for you. It can be built in one of two different forms as shown on the sales page.
I have been watching a lot of movies before buildig the new house. So, after things settle down a bit, probably.
Actually, I was looking at the Table Tuba version. WAF considerations...

Tom Smit

#4 Post by Tom Smit »

The TT is an excellent choice as well! :clap: As you probably know, it comes in two different style to suit the room.
As a fore-warning, you might find that the sliding door is going to rattle with the sub frequencies. :chainsaw:
TomS

Join

#5 Post by Join »

Tom Smit wrote:The TT is an excellent choice as well! :clap: As you probably know, it comes in two different style to suit the room.
As a fore-warning, you might find that the sliding door is going to rattle with the sub frequencies. :chainsaw:
I did purchase a solid door to up the weight a bit on it, and my plan is to close the gaps around the door to soundproof it a little. Hopefully that will stabilize the door a bit. Luckily the wall the door is sitting in is very solid due to my acoustic work on it.
Thanks for your warning! :) I'll keep it in mind installing this thing.