Seasoned lurker from Maryland

anderj101

Seasoned lurker from Maryland

#1 Post by anderj101 »

Hello,

Jim here, checking in from Maryland. I've been lurking here for many years and have been involved with the construction of several BFM cabinets. A friend of mine began a heavyweight T30 build and the design caught my eye. I helped him finish up his cabinets then scheduled my own build, a set of four T36 cabs followed by a compliment of OTop 12's. After busting my back carrying around his 4012's, I came to the conclusion that all of mine absolutely must be neo.

I supply sound for a variety of electronic music festivals and the only complaint that I have ever received is that the bass can be heard from a couple of miles away. :) The T36/OT all-neo combo replaced my old heavyweight Yamaha dual 18's and 15' tops. Needless to say, I am more than pleased with the performance of these cabinets.

I'm looking forward to interacting on the forum a bit, posting my build photo series, and finding locals who need an extra hand building their own cabinets.

- Jim
My BFM Builds: 4x T36 3015LF, 8x OTop112 3012HO
BFM Co-builds: 12x T30 4012HO, 2x T30 3012LF
Others: Too many to list, but I ditched them all in favor of BFM cabs.

J_Dunavin

Re: Seasoned lurker from Maryland

#2 Post by J_Dunavin »

Welcome!
2 - OTop8
2 - T39
8 - DR200
2 - DR250
9 - T24
6 - T45
1 - Auto Tuba

Tom Smit

#3 Post by Tom Smit »

Welcome!
I guess we don"t have to tell you nuthin'. :lol:
TomS

DJPhatman

#4 Post by DJPhatman »

Jim, welcome in from the land of the lurkers! :lol:

Do you have T36s, or are you planning them? Looking at your signature, You are tilted to the treble side, when you should be on the BASS side! Image
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice