In May I'll be standing upright

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Harley
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand - Authorised BFM Cab Builder

In May I'll be standing upright

#1 Post by Harley »

Bored with being upside down here 'down-under', I'm getting a chance to stand upright for a change in May as I'm headed for Atlanta May 17th to visit one of the companies I do work for in NZ.

Then on Wed 22nd I head over to the land of Tornadoes and become slave driven by Leland in his sweat-shop, Speakerhardware.com.

The following Sunday, up to NH to bug Bill, then off home a couple of days after that.

So......if any Atlantians ( or close bys ) want to experience a Kiwi accent ( God knows why you'd want to do that excpet that it's better than the Ozzie one ) then perhaps we can meet up on Saturday, or Sunday or even Monday ???

I'm staying near Doraville GA 30340 if that means anything.

Oh to be 'an alien' once again. :mrgreen:
ImageSemi-retired: Former Australia and New Zealand Authorised BFM cab builder.

Charles Jenkinson

Re: In May I'll be standing upright

#2 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

Really happy for you Harley. :-) What a great and unique trip that will be, I'm sure.

They tell me in your neck of the woods that Australia is printed at the top of maps. Do they switch North and South round too?
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

Grant Bunter

#3 Post by Grant Bunter »

Harley wrote: So......if any Atlantians ( or close bys ) want to experience a Kiwi accent ( God knows why you'd want to do that excpet that it's better than the Ozzie one )
:loler: Says you!

:clap: Good on you Harley, sounds like a good time all round, even if relatively brief.

You'll probably spend most of your time on your head, what with Lelands plan and Bill's penchant for decent beer.
Oh, and just so you will feel "normal" :shock:
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Harley

#4 Post by Harley »

Charles Jenkinson wrote:They tell me in your neck of the woods that Australia is printed at the top of maps.
Can't speak for our ANZAC compatriates but yes, this is our map we use in New Zealand and naturally North is at the bottom ( why would we swap that otherwise aeroplanes would get lost )

Grant Bunter

#5 Post by Grant Bunter »

Good map that!

Australia is responsible for the largest territory in that chunk right at the top.

Have a great time Harley :)
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Chris_Allen

#6 Post by Chris_Allen »

Won't you be standing at 90 degrees?
Built:
6xDR200, 2xT39, 2xT48, 2xJack110, 1xOmni10.5, 1xAutotuba, 1xT18, 1xSLA Pro, 1xW8, 1xW10

byacey

#7 Post by byacey »

The continents appear very unusual when depicted upside down. Does speaker phase reverse in the Southern Hemisphere? :D
Built
T48s
WH8s
SX212

subharmonic

#8 Post by subharmonic »

Harley wrote:
Charles Jenkinson wrote:They tell me in your neck of the woods that Australia is printed at the top of maps.
Can't speak for our ANZAC compatriates but yes, this is our map we use in New Zealand and naturally North is at the bottom ( why would we swap that otherwise aeroplanes would get lost )

No wonder you guys can't get drivers for a decent price down there. The boats probably get lost when the map goes topsy turvey as they cross the equator.
2x T39, 1x T60, 1x THTLP, 1x AT(not built by me) 6x DR250
I need more bass

But this gal's built like a burlap bag full of bobcats
CW Mcall

Michael M

#9 Post by Michael M »

Let me be the first to say Welcome to Atlanta! I've been here almost 18 yrs now. I love living here. Make sure you go to The Varsity! It's an Atlanta classic burger drive-in joint. You'll pass it on your way from the airport if you go through downtown.

My pic:

byacey

#10 Post by byacey »

Ahh, that brings back memories. We used to have drive in restaurants here years ago, A&W being among them. I think they eventually closed them down because during the winter season the car hop girls would get disoriented and lost in the parking lot during winter white-out blizzard conditions. They would find them in the spring still clutching the food tray. The customers also passed away from starvation waiting for their order...
Built
T48s
WH8s
SX212

Harley

#11 Post by Harley »

Michael M wrote:Let me be the first to say Welcome to Atlanta! I've been here almost 18 yrs now. I love living here. Make sure you go to The Varsity! It's an Atlanta classic burger drive-in joint. You'll pass it on your way from the airport if you go through downtown.

My pic:

Thanks. I'll make a point of asking my host if we can go there. I get in at 12:00 midnight on Friday and have the weekend to get over jet-lag so this would be a good place to start!

Bruce Weldy

#12 Post by Bruce Weldy »

byacey wrote:Ahh, that brings back memories. We used to have drive in restaurants here years ago, A&W being among them. I think they eventually closed them down because during the winter season the car hop girls would get disoriented and lost in the parking lot during winter white-out blizzard conditions. They would find them in the spring still clutching the food tray. The customers also passed away from starvation waiting for their order...

We still have Sonic here - they do a booming business. I remember when they used to hang the tray on your window....they quit doing that years ago.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

sine143

#13 Post by sine143 »

dern harley, was hoping you'd be within hearing range of me on the 23rd (raleigh NC). it would be good to have such a key member of the community out and about during one of my events.

also, I have a burning desire to relocate to the land of the kiwi. even though some of my favorite NZ music acts are now relocating to the states (TRUTH for one).
Built:
2x Tuba 30s delta12lf loaded (gone)
4x Otop12 d2512 loaded
8x t48s (18, 18, 24, 24, 30, 30) 3015lf loaded
2x AT (1 mcm, 1 gto 804)
2x SLA Pro (dayton pa6, 6 goldwood piezo loaded)
1x bastard XF208

2x OT212 (delta pro 450a loaded, eminence psd)

LelandCrooks

#14 Post by LelandCrooks »

Bruce Weldy wrote:We still have Sonic here - they do a booming business. I remember when they used to hang the tray on your window....they quit doing that years ago.
They do huge biz here too.
Note: those trays were made here in Parsons by SAC corp. Long gone, at one time they were a big employer.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

la80vette

#15 Post by la80vette »

Happy for you Harley. Sounds like it will be a really fun trip.
2 SLA PRO (built by Leland)
2 T39 24" 3012LF (built by Leland)
2 Jack 10's (built by Leland)
4 Wedgehorn 8's (built by Leland)
1 XF210 w/Legend 1028 (built by Leland)