Re: Jack 210 Bass Cabinet (no tweets)

#16 Post by LiefStevens »

Or a 210 and 2 110s... :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMAG0754.jpg

la80vette

#17 Post by la80vette »

bass roll-off definitely works. Did a gig last month on a stage that was closed on sides and a low ceiling, The bass guitar was making my snare buzz like crazy. Out of curiosity, I walked over to my brothers amp, turned the bass knob all the way down and left it that way the entire gig. No buzzing and I,m not kidding, the best his bass has ever sounded. amazing!
Stephen
2 SLA PRO (built by Leland)
2 T39 24" 3012LF (built by Leland)
2 Jack 10's (built by Leland)
4 Wedgehorn 8's (built by Leland)
1 XF210 w/Legend 1028 (built by Leland)

AntonZ

#18 Post by AntonZ »

That is something I only recently discovered. Since then I got the bass knob most of the way down like you said. Bass guitar is not about fundamentals, all the magic is in the harmonics.

hachikid

#19 Post by hachikid »

What's the dimensions on this j210 cab?

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#20 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

hachikid wrote:What's the dimensions on this j210 cab?
The same as two 110s.

tcorder

#21 Post by tcorder »

I turned the bass EQ down and it sounded like shit!

Harley
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand - Authorised BFM Cab Builder

#22 Post by Harley »

LiefStevens wrote:Or a 210 and 2 110s... :mrgreen:
Or....Image

4 x J112s :loler: :mrgreen:
ImageSemi-retired: Former Australia and New Zealand Authorised BFM cab builder.

BassMorpheus

#23 Post by BassMorpheus »

+1 on turning the bass control all the way down. I did not believe it until it actually worked for me. The same volume, only the bass turned down, people said I was either too loud or they could really hear me! Go figure. It just works! ALSO, this is where having a great bass makes a difference!

Jim Van Streader wrote:OK, my last review was for 2 Jack12’s, no tweets and I said that was the ultimate bass cabinet setup. Well, now I’ve got a J210 that I’ve been using at quite a few gigs and I’ve found my new favorite.

I’m a builder so I’m biased and all that but this thing is really amazing. I’ve been playing bass for some 35 years through all kinds of boxes and this little thing defies the laws of physics. It just shouldn’t get as loud as it does. Nor should it go as deep as it does.

If you’ve got sub support in the PA then leave the J12’s at home and take out one of these little handy cabs. Mine is loaded with two Deltalite 2510’s and is easy to pick up and carry so it’s one trip from the car instead of two as with singles. I’m powering it with a vintage GK800RB and it is loud and huge.

One trick I’ve been showing other bass players is to turn the bass knob on your amp all the way down. Set everything else flat. Then crank the snot out of it and get ready for some awesome bass tone. If you need a little bass you can then roll a little in but I’ve never had to go past 9:00. And yes I primarily play 5 string and use the B string. I do this with all bass cabinets now and I get compliments on my tone always. Rehearsal studio rigs, big shows with backline supplied (usually Ampeg 8x10) pull the bass all the way off, turn it way up. Try it. Of course I’m still sending a full signal to FOH for the subs.

If I don’t have sub support in the PA or I’m playing on a big stage outdoors, I’ll take the two J12’s.

The picture shows the use of the round handles from PE recessed flush and it’s finished in one coat of plain ole Rust-o-leum flat black oil base paint from HD. It’s got about 15 to 20 gigs on it so far.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us