Goodbye to the 55-1740

Anything not covered elsewhere.
BrentEvans

Goodbye to the 55-1740

#1 Post by BrentEvans »

It appears that, after a brief time on clearance, that the 55-1740 driver has reached the end of its run. So sad. Especially becasue I was going to order about 12 of them next week.... :wall: :cussing:

Any outlook on a new inexpensive substitute for the beta 10? :fingers:
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

SeisTres

Re: Goodbye to the 55-1740

#2 Post by SeisTres »

good thing i grabbed a pair for $15/each and then another pair for $23/each :mrgreen:

I didn't even know it was a replacement for the beta. I just looked at the T/S and figured "what the hell, if they dont work i'll just give them away". But they did. Now i just have to get the right crossover and the piezos for the jacks. And I've looked through the catalog and the mcm website and haven't found anything else worth a try(excluding some full range stuff).

PS. do you know if they have the same bolting patter(yes i know the have only four holes) as the 2510? I was thinking about skipping the second pair of jacks since a single pair can hold four of my t-39's, and goign straight to the DR250 with these and then just replace for the 2510 later on, is this possible?

PS. on the other hand, the 5x7 piezos they had are pure junk. :wall:
Built:6 t39, t18, 4 Jack10, 2 autotuba, 2 SLA,2 wedge, 2 TT, 2 Tritrix, curved sla, 2 otop212, 2 SLA pros, Ported 8" sub, 2 ported 210, dual ported 8" sub