Update on Eminence

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Bruce Weldy

Update on Eminence

#1 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Just got a reply from Eminence this morning as to their current situation......

We have been working this week on a comprehensive plan to obtain more loudspeaker production on a weekly basis. We are currently 7 weeks behind on the production schedule.

It is currently impossible to hire more employees so we have decided to use all our support staff in production. That includes office staff, engineering staff and plant support staff. Finance and purchasing will continue to work on the regular duties. It is our intention to catch up by the end of the year.

I wouldn't take this to mean that it will only take 7 weeks to get what you ordered. You'd have to add shipping time from Eminence to the dealers and then to you.

Last time I talked to them, they had a backorder of over 5,000 speakers.....and that was a month ago. Like the rest of the country, they are waiting on the parts that are sitting in the ocean off of the California coast.

As the message said, they are pulling people out of other jobs to assist in manufacturing.....of course, the can only do that if they have the parts.

So, my advice is place your orders and get in line instead of waiting until they are in stock. They will be filling backorders in the order they received them.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

unkycraig

Re: Update on Eminence

#2 Post by unkycraig »

Well that's what we get from a right-to-work state. It sounds really awful that they won't pay people a decent wage. Maybe we shouldn't purchase things from businesses that blame everything on the workers, even if they are "The best". I am rethinking everything, and who I give my money. One thing is certain, I am never going to a Home Depot again. I picked the wrong pandemic to start building a PA system.
In Progress: Omni 12 Tallboy Bass
Complete: 4 Tuba 24, 2 SLA PRO 4x6

In the wings: DR250(probably not), 4 Wedgehorn 10s(probably), 2 More SLA 4x6s,

Dbx Driverack PA2
Dbx EQs 215, 2231
Dbx X-O 223xs
3 QSC GX7
3 JBL JRX212s

Bruce Weldy

#3 Post by Bruce Weldy »

unkycraig wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:19 pm Well that's what we get from a right-to-work state. It sounds really awful that they won't pay people a decent wage. Maybe we shouldn't purchase things from businesses that blame everything on the workers, even if they are "The best". I am rethinking everything, and who I give my money. One thing is certain, I am never going to a Home Depot again. I picked the wrong pandemic to start building a PA system.
My post was an update on Eminence - not the start of a political discussion. We don't do that here. Just wanted everyone to know what was happening in relation to their speaker building.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#4 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Quite right.

himhimself

#5 Post by himhimself »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:32 pm Quite right.
A big plus for this forum!
I'm in a completely different industry, different state and also having a tough time finding and hiring new employees, as are many companies. Hats off to Eminence for pulling together as a team to get done what they can for their customers.
2xT30 (20", 3012LF)
2xT30 (21", 3012LF)
4xOtop J-array (Beta12, melded/straight piezos)
Truck Tuba (MCM)
Next up: 2xJack12 or family of table tubas

Bruce Weldy

#6 Post by Bruce Weldy »

himhimself wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:08 am Hats off to Eminence for pulling together as a team to get done what they can for their customers.
I've talked to a handful of their people over the years - including the owner's wife (who was doing accounting work). They are truly a small-town, family operated business. I believe they are under 100 employees. Best I can tell, all good people.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

unkycraig

#7 Post by unkycraig »

Apologies. Not doing that again. Thanks for the heads up.
In Progress: Omni 12 Tallboy Bass
Complete: 4 Tuba 24, 2 SLA PRO 4x6

In the wings: DR250(probably not), 4 Wedgehorn 10s(probably), 2 More SLA 4x6s,

Dbx Driverack PA2
Dbx EQs 215, 2231
Dbx X-O 223xs
3 QSC GX7
3 JBL JRX212s

LelandCrooks

#8 Post by LelandCrooks »

Nothing until the first quarter of next year.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

Bruce Weldy

#9 Post by Bruce Weldy »

They shipped some Beta 8s the other day that had been order for a couple of months, but they said the 3012LFs will be January. But, that's shipping to all of the backorders first - so if you want something, order it now and get in line.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210