What's to chat about?

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Seth

Re: What's to chat about?

#601 Post by Seth »

Missed you around here the last few weeks Bryan. Good to see you back on. :thumbsup:
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

Bryan Cox

#602 Post by Bryan Cox »

Thanks, Seth. Been super busy building my daughter a loft bed in the shape of a castle, packing for Turkey, getting the family settled. Whew! It's a ton of work! It always seems like the honey-do list gets longer when there's a finite time limit.
Otop 12 x 4 (Delta Pro 12-450a) 2x melded, 2x straight
Titan 39 x 4 (3012LF) 20" wide

Rickyvt

#603 Post by Rickyvt »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11 pm That's really fancy. My DIY circle jig was just a piece of old paneling I had laying around. Cut a hole for the router bit and the screws to fasten it, then measure out from there to where I wanted a pivot and drilled a hole for a dowel.

Cut a bunch of baffles that way.

But, then I got one of these.....much better....

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/medi ... gLSCvD_BwE
Thanks Bruce, found one like that here in Europe, works like a charm!

Bruce Weldy

#604 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Is anybody building anything? Doing anything? Still breathing?

I'm bored as hell. My wife was exposed to Covid last week via a friend who's mother ended up with it. Didn't find out until two days after they had been together. Now, we are just hanging out until her friend gets tested to see if my wife was actually exposed or not.....which in turn affects me. Does no good to get tested until several days after exposure to ensure you don't get a false negative. So, here I sit.

Been playing a lot of guitar in the garage, though.....getting sick of hearing me.

Not starting a Covid debate here - just whining.....anyone else got something to bitch about? :mrgreen:

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Seth

#605 Post by Seth »

I cut up all the pieces for 4 wide T39's a couple months back, but without any gigs on the horizon (partially COVID related) I've lost a little steam on completing them with any haste. It does cross my mind a time or two a week. I should probably just finish them to be able to get them out of the back of my mind... and I do find the process fairly therapeutic.

For some reason I've been avoiding installing the amplifier in my car and the TruckTuba is on temp duty in the garage/storage shed. Does sound delicious on garage duty though.
Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421

Tom Smit

#606 Post by Tom Smit »

Okay, I'll share. I built a cart, a few months ago, to put my every-day tools in, since the shop I now work in is so large. I also can wheel it outdoors to the concrete pad to make quick repairs. It's mostly scrap metal (even an old bed frame) along with some pallet boards that I coated with water-based polyurethane. I want to stencil the word "Scrap-on" onto it. LOL. I have, since the, made 2 lids out of steel shelving, and painted the same colour. One lid covers the side pocket, and the other covers the rest. I have no desire at all for more tool storage because this thing has the few select wrenches, pliers, etc., and if I need any other tools I just go to my main tool box.
Attachments
20200502_134853_HDR.jpg
TomS

Bryan Cox

#607 Post by Bryan Cox »

Been working on my daughter's loft bed for awhile now. Finally got it put in her room today, in the 11th hour. Had to get it done because my wife wants to park in the garage while I'm in Turkey. Anyway, the second pic is what my daughter wanted, the first is what she got. Obviously my version is dumbed down. But she's super happy and that's all I care about. Could've done a lot better but time is a commodity I've had none of lately.

Take care y'all. I'll be creeping around on here for the next year but probably won't add much. I'll be spending a bunch of time in the gym, playing guitar, and building tube amps. Unfortunately since I'm only going for a year, I cannot bring everything is need to build speakers or another 4 x T39s would be in order. And forget getting the materials in Turkey. But when I get back, I'll be "making with the sawdust."
Attachments
20200701_214951.jpg
il_794xN.2208062950_ibhy.jpg

Charles Jenkinson

#608 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

I'm waiting for the weather, to get another start on building an extension. Rain probability 50% this afternoon and >90% through Friday-Saturday.

OTOH, I'm also piano tuning, so me and Mrs J can record some stuff for a contribution to remote church meetings - getting round to exploring mid-side recording at some point with that. Wouldn't have believed how therapeutic tuning a piano could be.
Attachments
rps20200702_083613.jpg
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

Bruce Weldy

#609 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Bryan Cox wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:02 pm Anyway, the second pic is what my daughter wanted, the first is what she got.
Yours is better because it has her name on it. And you built it.

There's a chance that my son-in-law will be heading to Kuwait for a tour in a few months. And one of my neighbor's wife will be headed to Europe as an Army nurse in Sept. Thanks to all of you for your service and the sacrifice that your families have to make to support it.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bryan Cox

#610 Post by Bryan Cox »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:42 am
Bryan Cox wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:02 pm Anyway, the second pic is what my daughter wanted, the first is what she got.
Yours is better because it has her name on it. And you built it.

There's a chance that my son-in-law will be heading to Kuwait for a tour in a few months. And one of my neighbor's wife will be headed to Europe as an Army nurse in Sept. Thanks to all of you for your service and the sacrifice that your families have to make to support it.
Thank you, Bruce. I appreciate all the kid words. While I'm over there I'll periodically share pics of Turkey. Good luck to your son-in-law. Been to Kuwait once but only for a half day or so. And I'm jealous of the Europe assignment. My family and I spent over half of my career there and would go back in a heartbeat.

Bruce Weldy

#611 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Bryan Cox wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:20 am While I'm over there I'll periodically share pics of Turkey.
One the forum members (can't remember his forum name, but he built T48s and OT12 several years ago) lives near me and we got to know each other through the forum.

He was stationed in Turkey and met and married a Turkish girl. So, watch out....don't want to come home with an extra wife.... :mrgreen:

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

Bryan Cox

#612 Post by Bryan Cox »

Bruce Weldy wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:53 am
Bryan Cox wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:20 am While I'm over there I'll periodically share pics of Turkey.
One the forum members (can't remember his forum name, but he built T48s and OT12 several years ago) lives near me and we got to know each other through the forum.

He was stationed in Turkey and met and married a Turkish girl. So, watch out....don't want to come home with an extra wife.... :mrgreen:
Haha, NOPE! My wife would jump on her menstrual cycle and run my ass over. I knew a few older cats who did the same and couldn't be happier.

Grey Owl

Hullo from the South Pacific - Re: What's to chat about?

#613 Post by Grey Owl »

Gidday Peeps, :hyper:
Ha ha ha.
If it's not one thing, it's another!!!!!
Unexpectedly we've bought an RV as an ex-Covid19 escape gift to ourselves and been away on the road for a week testing how everything works. Very enjoyable. :cowboy:
Since returning, it's been pissing down with rain, windstorms, tornado's etc. so winter has finally arrived with a vengance. :o
My 80% completed Omni15TB still sits on the workbench where I left it about 3 weeks ago. I can feel it glaring at me as I, with eyes averted, quickly pass by ignoring its plea for attention. :wink:
Otherwise it's boring and tiring waiting for the return of spring and some much longer days of sunshine etc. :)
Having cleared my mind publicly I trust you are all well and coping with life's daily scheming diversions. :)
Cheers All
You have two ears and one mouth. Use them in the same ratio!!

Grant Bunter

#614 Post by Grant Bunter »

After months of cleaning, repairing, assembling, restoring, building blah blah blah, I was called back to work.
It’s been crazy ever since, with twice as much to do as we used to. Good though.

Best news is I’ve already lined up 2 corporate multi day sound gigs, the first is next week...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Tom Smit

#615 Post by Tom Smit »

Grey Owl, my daughter and her husband were supposed to have landed in your fine country on the morning of the day that NZ closed it's borders (they altered plans the night before departing). It was supposed to have been a 2 week tour using a rental RV.
Life has been good, here.
Now get finishing that project! LOL!
TomS