Looking for Hardware Cloth

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Bruce Weldy

Looking for Hardware Cloth

#1 Post by Bruce Weldy »

I thought I had some hardware cloth left over from my OT12 build years ago...but, can't seem to find it. I'm talking about the stuff that goes on the baffle between the baffle and the phase plug.

Anybody know of anything that approximates it that can be found at HD or Lowes?

My aim is just to keep some of the dirt and dust out of the driver.....any reason I couldn't use some left over grill cloth? I hate to since that stuff's so expensive, but it's what I've got on hand.

I'm going to put a grill with some A/C foam on it top to bottom where the throat and mouth come together.....maybe I don't need to put any there at all.

Suggestions???

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bruce Weldy

Re: Looking for Hardware Cloth

#3 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Thanks Bill.

I was thinking that it was more like a fabric that Leland put in with the kits. Not worried too much about poking fingers, just trying to keep out the dust and dirt. I may just let it go and not worry about it since there will be a grill and foam up front.

In fact, this is what it looked like on my OT12s......seems to be a black cloth...
OT12 Build 020 small.JPG

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#4 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

I can't tell from the picture but by the description I suspect it's pet screen.

Bruce Weldy

#5 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Ah! Yes, that's what it was called. I'd totally forgotten that. Thanks.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210