BFM Hit List...

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Starchild

BFM Hit List...

#1 Post by Starchild »

Hey guys, it's been a while. I got a suggestion, why don't we put together a BFM Hit List of songs that make your BFM System shine? Here I will begin... Now so far I have built a couple T48s and trust me my little (for now) sound system ROCKS!!! And I have Not heard a bad comment yet
Celine Dion - I Don't Know
Sting - Seven Days
Seal & Jakatta - Vision
Boz Scaggs - Thanks to You (serious sub line)
Procol Harum - Whiter Shade Of Pale (Live in Denmark 2006 version)

Feel free to add to it! :hyper:

ACUA

Re: BFM Hit List...

#2 Post by ACUA »

Here is my list:

Every single high resolution song I have ever played through it.

You all should look up:

The Hu - yuve yuve yu
Wolf totem
I’m all about new interesting music and this stuff is freaking cool :hyper:
Advanced Concepts Underground Audio

himhimself

#3 Post by himhimself »

Thanks for calling out The Hu - very different and cool.
The playlists around our house are VERY eclectic but lately I've been listening to a fair amount of instrumental guitar like Polyphia and Plini. Incredible stuff.
When doing events, Rush Tom Sawyer seems to hit the sweet spot with my system. Any track off of Vegas by Crystal Method can shake the room too.
2xT30 (20", 3012LF)
2xT30 (21", 3012LF)
4xOtop J-array (Beta12, melded/straight piezos)
Truck Tuba (MCM)
Next up: 2xJack12 or family of table tubas

Starchild

#4 Post by Starchild »

ACUA wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:58 am Here is my list:

Every single high resolution song I have ever played through it.

You all should look up:

The Hu - yuve yuve yu
Wolf totem
I’m all about new interesting music and this stuff is freaking cool :hyper:
My fave from the Hu Band is Wolf Totem, incredible track!

CoronaOperator

#5 Post by CoronaOperator »

Ciara ft. Missy Elliott - 1, 2 Step .... the heavily panned back and forth high end at the beginning through my DR's is amazing. If you are only running BFM subs you are missing out on BFM! - build those tops!
Infected Mushroom - Heavyweight ..... pretty much anything by infected mushroom shines on a BFM system

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dark Necessities .... great for outdoors when "the band" shows up and looks at your system funny and is worried if it'll cover the audience. Slow build up and when the bass kicks in and they realize your system can cover 800 people at rock concert levels and there is only 100 in the audience their look is priceless.
Built:
17" width 10" driver Autotuba
2 x 29" width dual Lab12 Tuba60
6 x DR250 2510/asd1001
In progress:
2 x DR250 2510/asd1001
For best results, point the loud end of the array towards the audience

jimbo7

#6 Post by jimbo7 »

When I'm outside setting up and testing sound I like to play Jerry Garcia - "Sugaree" and "Dear Prudence", as that's my go to for clarity and fullness. Plus, I've listened to those 2 songs enough that I'll know when something is off or missing in my setup.

edit: I know eveyone's gonna ask "Which one!? There's like a million versions recorded of each." Both are from the Very Best of CD '06
BFM builds:
XF212
T24 BP102 24"
2x SLA's 6-5" mids, 9- gt-302's
2x AT 14" MCM 55-2421
TrT 5" MCM 55-2421
AT 18" JBL GTO804
2x OT12 flat array
2x SLA Pro 2-Alpha 6's 2-Goldwoods
2x T39 24" 3012lf
Simplex 10 BP102

ACUA

#7 Post by ACUA »

I tend to play Thomas Dolby - Pulp Culture when I sound check, the bass lines are good ones to make the ears hurt too.

I also tend to tune and demo to these tracks lately I too am very eclectic with my music:

Bob Marley - This is love
Crank dat - Dollars
Queen - another one bites the dust
Dean Brody - Beautiful Freakshow
Gs Boys -stanky leg
The cool kids - Black mags
Clean bandit - solo
Disturbed - sound of silence
Lady Gaga - Shallow
Hollywood Undead - Riot
Bebe Rexha - I’m a mess
Marty Robbins - big iron
Brittney Spears - slumber party
Nickelback - the betrayal part 3
Pink gong - baby shark
Jennifer Lopez - on the floor
Skrillex - kill everybody (bare noise remix)
Advanced Concepts Underground Audio

Starchild

#8 Post by Starchild »

That's it guys keep it comin' :clap: lol. It's good to broaden our genres through this medium... I must admit I have never heard a great few of those listed, however I WILL be searching for them online to try out with my T48s this weekend :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

88h88

#9 Post by 88h88 »

My tastes run wide so my recommendations are all over the place.

Drum and bass:
Noisia - ANYTHING off the Outer Edges album. The guys have a real knack for producing silly, silly enormous sounding tracks but not just filling your earholes with sludge. Favourite tracks personally being Tentacles, Mantra, Into Dust and Get Deaded.
https://youtu.be/riLy07NfSGw

Heavy sludge metal:
Worry - A Celebration of Suffering. This was recommended to me recently by a friend and it sounds huge. I dare say a BFM setup is too good for it as I had to tone the bass down a bit.
https://bandofworry.bandcamp.com/album/ ... -suffering

Hip hop beats.
Evil Needle - Souvenirs. Needle loves hip hop and is French so obviously has a knack for synths, he combines both of these into some of the cleanest sounding productions around. His stuff is big and spacey, a producer who's really not afraid of giving space to individual instrumentation. You'll never be able to accuse this dude of making cluttered sounding tunes and as such the clarity of them really shines of a BFM setup, he has a Free Downloads album which he keeps adding to, last look it was 60 tracks so you should be able to find something you like! On this release though, Antidote, Longing and For You are my favourites.
https://itsmeneedle.bandcamp.com/album/souvenirs

Indie electronica:
Chrome Sparks - Send The Pain On. It's only the one track here but it sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD on a system, headphones don't do justice to it.
https://chromesparks.bandcamp.com/track ... he-pain-on

Indiepop/alt rock:
Elysium Fields - The Afterlife. The singer Jennifer Charles has the most amazing breathy voice which is just so dreamy. This album is the kinda thing you'd imagine hear being performed in a jazzy, smokey speakeasy. Favourite tracks: Where Can We Go But Nowhere, Climbing My Dark Hair and the beautiful little duet at the end entitled Ashes In Winter Light which has the two performers panned mostly to each side. It's a beautiful little album from a fantastically underrated band.
https://elysianfields.bandcamp.com/album/the-afterlife
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

AcousticScience

#10 Post by AcousticScience »

Most Leon Bolier music sounds good on them - especially Beyrouth, as does Edward Maya.
My personal favourite is Strobe by Deadmau5. Also Cat Thruster just because I like the funky bass line.
Although not my favourite genre, I tend to find most garage music sounds good on BFM speakers.
Metallica slams quite well also. Also Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

I'm rocking the Omnitop 12 with Eminence Kappalite 3012HO and Beyma CD10Fe with 1.2kHz crossover. I added some spare acoustic foam in the rear chamber of each Beyma CD10Fe but not sure how much difference this makes. I find the compression drivers quite sensitive between 1.5 and 3.5kHz so am cutting 6dB at these frequencies. The only drawback with these speakers is they aren't quite plug into an amp and press play or else they sound shrill in this area.

Disclaimer: I don't have Bill Fitzmaurice subwoofers with my Omnitop 12. I have Eminence Kappalite 3012lf in reflex boxes (you could say they look a bit like the Simplexx designs due to the ports) so I could fit the whole rig in a Citroen C2.... 96dB sensitive from 40 to over 100 Hz so not bad though (99dB sensitive in a pair (2.0V) low cut 35Hz, 110dB sensitive in a corner with 45V power handling to Xmax).

Also to add to the list, slamming a village hall with Techno Disco Tool by Mella Dee was great fun at my 30th. Made up for only 6 people showing due to location (and perhaps I don't have many friends :cry: )
And a song I was recently reminded of: Boss Mode by Knife Party. I dare you not to be stupid with the volume control.

AcousticScience

#11 Post by AcousticScience »

The first time I dimed my Omnitop 12s in my studio flat (because I was curious about how loud it took to light up the orange DDT lights on a Peavey IPR1600.) I used Two Times by Ann Lee. It's easy to light it for my two Kappalite 3012lf reflex boxes albeit it knocked a jar of nice coffee off my shelf testing Animals by Martin Garrix.

It surprisingly wasn't as loud as I thought in that I wasn't wanting to run out of the room within two seconds, though maybe thirty or so. I could feel the female vocal in my headbones (It ain't loud until you can feel it in your headbones - Peter Griffin), though due to the frequency balance of the track it's not as ear piercing as a Red Hot Chilli Peppers record, and the drums are crystal clear - it's mainly bass, drums and vocals. It did make me chuckle inside to read Radian's thread about listening to Blue Man Group at a "whole 100dBA" though. Though probably Radian will chuckle back and I won't hear him over my tinnitus....

Signalsdrone

#12 Post by Signalsdrone »

The first song I played through the Jack 12's when I got them home was a remastered version of Suite Madam Blue by Styx. Such a great song and it sounds so good cranked!

Charles Jenkinson

#13 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

We find a bit of Daft Punk goes well on the T30's - nice bass - I feel it coming (feat. the Wknd) and Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams) are both good.

Just had a recommendation in last couple of days for Nils Landgren - a trombone and vocalist. 4WD album - all covers but very well recorded; sweet tone and sweet playing.

Will be visiting here again.
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

Starchild

#14 Post by Starchild »

Will be visiting here again.
[/quote]

I certainly hope so! lol Let's keep the list growing.

Seth

#15 Post by Seth »

Build in process - 2 WH6, one Alpha 6a loaded, one PRV Audio 6MB250-NDY loaded

Two 2x6 shorty SLA Pro's
One T39, 16", 3012LF loaded
Tall AutoTuba, 20" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421
TruckTuba, 8½" wide, 2x 8" MCM 55-2421