No posts in HT setup..can anyone help?

Anything not covered elsewhere.
ggallamore

No posts in HT setup..can anyone help?

#1 Post by ggallamore »

Just want to start...I AM NOT AN AUDIOPHILE who will obsess over tweaking a system. I just want a full sound that will blow the clothes off my wife.....haha. I think you get the idea.

I like the DIY solutions to home theater speakers. I am going to do an HT room that is 12x28 with a acoustically invisible screen in a 7(maybe 5).2.4 atmos setup. I would like to put the speakers behind the screen but not necessary. I will be using the Denon X6300H.

What grouping of plans would you recommend that you have on your site?

Main front and center? I like the SLA and TLAH. It looks like the TLAH is the better choice?

Subwoofer? I like the Tuba HT low profile (18x15x72). I was thinking 2, with one in each corner flanking the screen....almost creating a frame around the screen.

Surrounds and ceiling speakers? Recommendations?

Crossover instructions? Can I get the crossover prebuilt?

Basically I am a newbie at speaker building however I can follow a set of plans, measurements, etc with no problems.

Again, I am not a nut when it comes to this, I just want a good system that will be strong and powerful.

Thanks for you help.

BrentEvans

Re: No posts in HT setup..can anyone help?

#2 Post by BrentEvans »

You allowed a whole three minutes for someone to help you. Not a great first impression.

If you want to use Bill’s designs for HT, the standard setup is the THT sub, TLAH for front LR, SLA curved for center, and the little wedgie thing for surrounds. Kits are available at www.speakerhardware.com. All instructions to build and wire the cabinets are in the plans. The sub is most commonly powered by a plate amp built into its own box placed near the receiver to reduce ground loops, those are available from Parts Express.

One THT is technically enough to fill the room, two helps with smoothing out Response.

Next time.. a little patience, eh?
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: No posts in HT setup..can anyone help?

#3 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Duplicate thread, closed.