New iphone

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

New iphone

#1 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

So I'm watching the news on TV and see the long lines of PWLs (people without lives) waiting for hours, even days, to drop a grand on the iphone 10. :roll:

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life here. :noob:

Bruce Weldy

Re: New iphone

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

facepalm.jpg
facepalm.jpg (5.31 KiB) Viewed 2044 times

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

jimbo7

#3 Post by jimbo7 »

BFM builds:
XF212
T24 BP102 24"
2x SLA's 6-5" mids, 9- gt-302's
2x AT 14" MCM 55-2421
TrT 5" MCM 55-2421
AT 18" JBL GTO804
2x OT12 flat array
2x SLA Pro 2-Alpha 6's 2-Goldwoods
2x T39 24" 3012lf
Simplex 10 BP102

Think

#4 Post by Think »

Help is on its way: Russia will EMP the US today! :horse: according to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNKeFxsc_po (170 000 PWL's)

So thank you all for everything and good by to you all!
See you all in heaven in the audio department!

- This forum will be offline in a few hours.......... -

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#5 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Proof positive that God loves the stupid even more then he does the poor, as he creates many more of them. Massive scale EMP generation as described by conspiracy nuts is as fictional as a transporter beam.

Scotty, I'm still waiting... :confused:

Think

#6 Post by Think »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:Proof positive that God loves the stupid even more then he does the poor, as he creates many more of them.
Sad but true.
Massive scale EMP generation as described by conspiracy nuts is as fictional as a transporter beam.....
Sure about that? It won't be the Russian's, but in 2003 'our' Sun took a shot in the 'wrong' direction:

BBC news
" The massive solar flare that erupted from the Sun last November was far bigger than scientists first thought.

At the time, satellite detectors were unable to record its true size because they were blinded by its radiation.

But University of Otago physicists say they have now estimated the probable scale of the huge explosion by studying how X-rays hit the Earth's atmosphere.

They tell Geophysical Research Letters the X45 class event was more than twice as big as the previous record flare.

Fortunately, the Earth did not take a direct hit from this immense blast of radiation and matter.

Had it done so, several orbiting satellites would almost certainly have been damaged and there could have been considerable disruption of radio communications and power grids on the planet's surface. "

and Youtube

We are all dummy's being dependent on oil, mega corporations instead of cooperations, governments, banks etc. We are collectively falling deeper and deeper into the satanic (= egoistic) trap created, long before one of use was born, by people who wanted to rule over others.
Last edited by Think on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#7 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Solar flares, and the problems they can cause, aren't exactly new, nor is protecting electronics from them. Satellites are more vulnerable than ground based gear, because they're not protected by the atmosphere. Still, the chances of a more or less direct solar flare hit on Earth are probably less than that of a major hit from a meteor. Space is a mighty big place, and Earth is a mighty small target.

Think

#8 Post by Think »

Nothing is new; we have always been stupid, if we we're only so wise to take that as a starting point, instead all the egodriven crap out there.
I'm still curious what the cause was for the flood or sea level rising, aprox 12000 years ago which whiped out most of civilization back then; we could learn something from it. :wall:

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#9 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Changes in sea level have correlated with polar warming going back at least 150,000 years. There was nothing unusual about sea levels 12,000 years ago, other than that's when they had risen about halfway from what they had been 22,000 years ago, as a result of the end of the last Ice Age and the melting of the Laurentide Ice Sheet, reaching modern levels about 3000 years ago. As for the wiping out of civilization, there was no civilization to wipe out. Human population then was between 1 and 10 million worldwide, comprised mainly of hunter-gatherers. There were some agricultural communities, but they were rare, and would have been located near rivers, not seas.

Think

#10 Post by Think »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:... As for the wiping out of civilization, there was no civilization to wipe out. Human population then was between 1 and 10 million worldwide, comprised mainly of hunter-gatherers. There were some agricultural communities, but they were rare, and would have been located near rivers, not seas.
Yes, and they build the great pyramid and many other structures and objects of which many are under sealevel now, with a much greater precision then we could accomplish today. Mighty clever gatherers..... Their buildings also show that they had astrological knowledge which we recently discovered......

We have verified 'our' astrological discoveries by asking the Dogan tribe in Africa, which live very primitive in our eyes.

// biggest pyramid discovered is in Bosnia, where the war was in the 90's ...... piramids are some sort of powerdevice, which we are not allowed to know or use by the powers that should not be. Just as Tesla's 'free' energy tower which was destroyed by them because they could not put a meter on it, so they could ask money for it.

BrentEvans

#11 Post by BrentEvans »

The problem with mainstream archaeology (and science in general) is that there is a high level of groupthink. If you don't agree with the generally accepted consensus, your work goes nowhere, even if it's right. If you are ever vindicated, it is typically long after your death. Once in a while someone solves a problem so neatly and cleanly that they get to be a science celebrity (like Einstein). On the other hand, the people who buck the trends end up without any hard evidence to support their claims, even if they're right... and they end up looking like loons trying to make their points on YouTube. Or in the past... put in a mental institution (like Tesla).

It is highly probable that almost everything mainstream archaeology puts forward as true is completely wrong. That's true of science in general. Eventually, there is always a better theory. Over time, what is true now ends up being completely wrong... it just happens in phases.

Here's the moral of the story... believe what you want to believe. It really doesn't make any difference if the pyramids were built 4,000 years ago or 40,000 years ago other than for academic debate. If there was a lost civilization, well.. it's probably that... lost. We need to figure out how to address our current problems. That won't be found in a lost civilization.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

David Raehn

#12 Post by David Raehn »

Gotta love Tesla.

Even the things that didn't work the way he wanted, paved the way for others....
BFM rig:
6 OT12
4 T48
4 WH8
Other:
56 box Electrotec LabQ rig
Way too many cables
:noob:

Chris_Allen

#13 Post by Chris_Allen »

BrentEvans wrote:The problem with mainstream archaeology (and science in general) is that there is a high level of groupthink. If you don't agree with the generally accepted consensus, your work goes nowhere, even if it's right. If you are ever vindicated, it is typically long after your death. Once in a while someone solves a problem so neatly and cleanly that they get to be a science celebrity (like Einstein). On the other hand, the people who buck the trends end up without any hard evidence to support their claims, even if they're right... and they end up looking like loons trying to make their points on YouTube. Or in the past... put in a mental institution (like Tesla).

It is highly probable that almost everything mainstream archaeology puts forward as true is completely wrong. That's true of science in general. Eventually, there is always a better theory. Over time, what is true now ends up being completely wrong... it just happens in phases.

Here's the moral of the story... believe what you want to believe. It really doesn't make any difference if the pyramids were built 4,000 years ago or 40,000 years ago other than for academic debate. If there was a lost civilization, well.. it's probably that... lost. We need to figure out how to address our current problems. That won't be found in a lost civilization.
In general what you are describing is paradigm shift, first penned by Thomas Kuhn in the 60's.

As for Apple, they aren't the first company with mind share and they won't be the last - safety in numbers purchasing habits by the consumers, just take a look at the SM58! I probably spent over £500 buying SM58's before I understood what I should be buying.
Built:
6xDR200, 2xT39, 2xT48, 2xJack110, 1xOmni10.5, 1xAutotuba, 1xT18, 1xSLA Pro, 1xW8, 1xW10

Bruce Weldy

#14 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Chris_Allen wrote: I probably spent over £500 buying SM58's before I understood what I should be buying.
I've only bought those used.....and only because people believe that's what they should be seeing. At least they sound better than the Beta 58s....the all-american shrill mic.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

BrentEvans

#15 Post by BrentEvans »

I'm not so sure that's the case with Apple. With the 58 example, you're not repurchasing the new Sm58 v27.5 every other year. You might upgrade to another Shure mic, but most people build a mic lit and keep it mostly intact for a while. With Apple products, a large contingent exists that simply lines to to buy the newest thing regardless of how well the old one works.

I became an iPhone user and moved into the Apple mobile ecosystem from Android about two years ago for a couple of reasons. First, I came to the point where I needed an iPad for sound work. I got a used one from Amazon, and ended up liking it, but it was a bit sluggish. We were also having a lot of problems with our Android phones, despite having premium models. My wife was tired of dealing with the problems and wanted to try an iPhone. Verizon offered a deal but only if we would both shift. I figured it works be easy enough to go back to Android if I didn't like it, so we Jupiter on with a 6s for her and a 6s+ for me. A few months later, I upgraded my LG tablet to an iPad pro 12. Everything works, and I'll stay with them until they don't work, and probably past that a bit.

Point being... Not all Apple users are steeple, but some are.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.