Looking for a wire vendor...

Anything not covered elsewhere.
BrentEvans

Looking for a wire vendor...

#1 Post by BrentEvans »

So someone broke into my trailer a while ago and took most of my copper and my safety cables. 1200 feet of extension cords and all of my NL8 and NL4 that was stored in there.... :cussing: At least most of my NL4 was out on a gig. They were kind enough to leave my Cat5 and all of the 2 conductor speaker cables (which I never use any more).

Anyway... I have a vendor for the extension cords and 8 conductor speaker wire, but there doesn't seem to be a reasonable price on smaller quantities of 12/4.

So... any leads on 13/4 or 12/4? Anyone close to Salisbury NC interested in splitting a 500' spool?
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

David Raehn

Re: Looking for a wire vendor...

#2 Post by David Raehn »

Here's the vendor I use:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id= ... 1&format=2

Don't let the price fool you.... It's good stuff.
BFM rig:
6 OT12
4 T48
4 WH8
Other:
56 box Electrotec LabQ rig
Way too many cables
:noob:

Bruce Weldy

#3 Post by Bruce Weldy »

I always use Rapco Horizon speaker cable....lays flat.

Contact them directly and find a dealer nearby.....see if they will make you a deal on splitting a spool or even just getting it by the foot. The store I buy from makes me good deals like that. Usually about 70 cents a foot for 12/2.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

BrentEvans

#4 Post by BrentEvans »

I can get 12/4 in 500ft spools for $350. .70/ft is an excellent price, but they only sell it in spools. The next closest price I've found is .88/ft after shipping at 250', but that's enough of a difference that buying the larger spool is almost worth it. Rapco is still more than that at dealer cost.

It kills me to pay a 20% premium or more to buy by the foot.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.