DIY - DJ mixing board CD player case

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Bruce Weldy

Re: DIY - DJ mixing board CD player case

#16 Post by Bruce Weldy »

rr97guy wrote:Dave must be old skool like I was. I resisted getting a digital console for years but my advancing years and my very bad back finally convinced me that dealing with a 300+ lbs mixer and road case plus 2 efx racks at FOH position it was time to rethink some things, either I had to ditch some of the weight and equipment or I had to stop mixing. I bought 4 years ago a Yamaha LS9-32 digital mixer. I did not buy the digital snake because it was too much money but anyway, with the LS9, I have 4 on board efx units plus the ability to assign EQs, gates, comp/limiters to any channel or out put. I do still sometimes carry a small rack for FOH with a single graphic EQ and a CD/Cassette player. The added plus of the digital mixer is I no longer have to spend 20 minutes plugging in and patching all the rack gear to the mixer. Going with a digital mixer is one of the best choices I have ever made, totally no regrets.
+1

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Charles Jenkinson

#17 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

David Raehn wrote:Still tryin' to put the f-u-n-d-s in my future.....
Feelin for ya Dave. Always a challenge.

Let's start a 'Get Dave Digital' fund. I can find $20 for that. LOL
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.

David Raehn

#18 Post by David Raehn »

I dunno, man....

If I had the cash for a digital board right now, I'd be tempted to start on a fleet of dual T48s and a bigger trailer.....
BFM rig:
6 OT12
4 T48
4 WH8
Other:
56 box Electrotec LabQ rig
Way too many cables
:noob:

BrentEvans

#19 Post by BrentEvans »

David Raehn wrote:I dunno, man....

If I had the cash for a digital board right now, I'd be tempted to start on a fleet of dual T48s and a bigger trailer.....
Depends on what you want. Something like the rm32ai for $1600 or so isn't a bad deal if you already have an ipad. No snake required with those. No control surface but that can be added.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.