miniambio - surround without the speakers

Anything not covered elsewhere.
Charles Jenkinson

miniambio - surround without the speakers

#1 Post by Charles Jenkinson »

So, I'd like to get one of these:

http://www.ambio4you.com/ambiophonic-pr ... /miniambio

I discovered Ambiophonics a while back - it was also posted about on here. I've been obsessing for the last week about SLA and TLAH's - can't think why :roll: , without doing the best I can do as a first bat with what I have. There's more to it, but basically we have had a new TV for a while and the sound is very poor - flat screen job. It has a optical digital out on it, which I've never bothered sourcing a decoder for, but tonight have realised they're not much money. What we have been doing is playing DVD's with the L and R channel on the DVD player hooked up to my stereo amp and some JPW Monitor Golds behind the TV, on the same surface the TV is on. They improve the sound no end, but they are not optimally placed and the because the TV is in a corner the speakers are slightly boxed off by the TV, so the bass goes through the roof (for book shelf speakers), but it's also 'uncontrolled'/boomy. So, the plan is a digital decoder, minambio, and speaker stands to bring the speakers out to the sides to the rough positions for the required di-pole configuration. Has anyone else tried anything similar, in regard to the ambiophonics kit...? I'm only thinking 2 channel amibio - not 4. Need to walk first.
2xJ12L (3012HO) switchable/melded
2xT30

Words&graphics - Audio&Acoustics - Hardware&DSP; 3 different paradigms.