Country music has lost another legend!

Anything not covered elsewhere.
DJPhatman

Country music has lost another legend!

#1 Post by DJPhatman »

The country music world has lost another legend, George Jones, today. He was 81 years old. He sang what is arguably the most popular song in country music history, "He Stopped Lovin' Her Today"

Well, George, we'll never stop loving you! You are one of my singing idols! You music, voice and life will live forever in our hearts.

R.I.P., Mr George Jones :cry: :oops: :cry:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Bruce Weldy

Re: Country music has lost another legend!

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

DJPhatman wrote:The country music world has lost another legend, George Jones, today. He was 81 years old. He sang what is arguably the most popular song in country music history, "He Stopped Lovin' Her Today"

Well, George, we'll never stop loving you! You are one of my singing idols! You music, voice and life will live forever in our hearts.

R.I.P., Mr George Jones :cry: :oops: :cry:
Amen.

Absolutely the best country song ever written or performed.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

biggerrigger

#3 Post by biggerrigger »

Say it aint so, We were all just singing that very song last weekend. R.I.P. Mr. Jones :(
Built
4-25" Lab12 loaded T39's
2-DR250's Melded array
2-DR250's Flat array

la80vette

#4 Post by la80vette »

I spent saturday afternoon at my own personal George Jones memorial celebration. Music cranked on the stereo, doors open and me singing along with a beer by my side. My brothers Jerome and Brian and our friend Tab had a new wave cover band in the eighties. We played stuff like REM, The Smiths etc. but we would always close our show with "He stopped loving her today" It always killed the crowd. Great song, great singer. He'll be missed.
2 SLA PRO (built by Leland)
2 T39 24" 3012LF (built by Leland)
2 Jack 10's (built by Leland)
4 Wedgehorn 8's (built by Leland)
1 XF210 w/Legend 1028 (built by Leland)

Bruce Weldy

#5 Post by Bruce Weldy »

la80vette wrote:I spent saturday afternoon at my own personal George Jones memorial celebration. Music cranked on the stereo, doors open and me singing along with a beer by my side. My brothers Jerome and Brian and our friend Tab had a new wave cover band in the eighties. We played stuff like REM, The Smiths etc. but we would always close our show with "He stopped loving her today" It always killed the crowd. Great song, great singer. He'll be missed.
That just reminded me.....some cowboy punk band did a version of it that was pretty good. At first I thought, "What the hell!?". But, by the second verse it started to grow on me.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

doncolga

#6 Post by doncolga »

Donny Collins
Built:
Two 18" Tuba 30's 3012 LF
Two 26" Tuba 30's Lab 12
Two OmniTop 12's DL 2512 (Melded Array)
Presonus Studio One DAW
Harrison Consoles MixBus 32C DAW

AntonZ

#7 Post by AntonZ »

Bruce Weldy wrote:That just reminded me.....some cowboy punk band did a version of it that was pretty good. At first I thought, "What the hell!?". But, by the second verse it started to grow on me.
Funk grass style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBA6Vp3aFiw

There's also the "pickin' on" bluegrass tribute series, I don't know if they did any George Jones tracks.

Bruce Weldy

#8 Post by Bruce Weldy »

AntonZ wrote:
Funk grass style?

That was....how should we say? Awful?

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

AntonZ

#9 Post by AntonZ »

I apologise for that, Bruce. No ill intentions.

Bruce Weldy

#10 Post by Bruce Weldy »

AntonZ wrote:I apologise for that, Bruce. No ill intentions.
No need to apologize...

Hey, it was funny! You don't hear many banjo players doing minor pentatonic blues licks in a hardcore country song. :cowboy:

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210