Doh. Got some cardboard mockups, now not sure what to build

Anything not covered elsewhere.
bzb

Re: Doh. Got some cardboard mockups, now not sure what to b

#16 Post by bzb »

SeisTres wrote:Due to your original graph looking weird (read: sucking :P ) I decided to repost.

But if you cannot go with your original plan, simply default to the plans: build as wide as possible. So if you want the slim pair, then go for it and then just build the wider ones to take up the extra space. And for small gigs, i would rather take the two slims than one of the wider ones. I mean, it doesn't really matter that you gain 2 extra db from going wider if you can't fit all four of them in your truck.

And on another note, be a real man and just get a mini van :noob: :fruit:
That's the same chart! Just with... less grid lines, and stuff. Mine looks more Tron cool. :cowboy:

I think you're right. I need to go with my gut (read: my weak, old back) and do the 18s. I'm still so hesitant because it seems like I'm almost wasting the drivers in 18s just because of my pack space... But I really can't trailer for at least half my gigs (parking decks and downtown parking in general is a nightmare) and I need to pony up money for an enclosed one, anyway.

As far as a minivan, you can punch me in the face if I ever get one of those. I'd have to hand in my man card, get rid of the Duc, and start watching chick flicks before I get a Swagga Wagon.
Bobby Shively
Purveyor of fine aged hip hop
Traktor S4 - Vestax VCI-100 - TTX - MOTU Ultralite - Yamaha 01V

Built:
T39 13" BP102, 24" 3012LF - AT - OT12 2512 - SLA Pro - T24 - Jack 10
Powered by XTi 1000 & 2000

tdogg

#17 Post by tdogg »

bzb wrote: As far as a minivan, you can punch me in the face if I ever get one of those. I'd have to hand in my man card, get rid of the Duc, and start watching chick flicks before I get a Swagga Wagon.
even if you got a minivan like this?
http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/up ... %20Van.jpg
Jack 112 deltalite 2512 x2

in progress: 24" T39 3012LF loaded, for bass guitar and PA use

SeisTres

#18 Post by SeisTres »

tdogg wrote:
bzb wrote: As far as a minivan, you can punch me in the face if I ever get one of those. I'd have to hand in my man card, get rid of the Duc, and start watching chick flicks before I get a Swagga Wagon.
even if you got a minivan like this?
:loler: :loler: :loler:

MAN that was funny! my drink just came out of my nose :lol:

I thought it was going to be a "pimped out" one with the led's and all that designs on the pain and interior, but WOW! they just took that over the top.

And just for the record, riding a minivan is about the most useful vehicle EVER, but it is one step below riding a moped :( But then again, i've always been "off", so now i ride it like a pro ;)
Built:6 t39, t18, 4 Jack10, 2 autotuba, 2 SLA,2 wedge, 2 TT, 2 Tritrix, curved sla, 2 otop212, 2 SLA pros, Ported 8" sub, 2 ported 210, dual ported 8" sub

bzb

#19 Post by bzb »

LOL, I *do* live in the South. Bad thing is... I've already seen one like that before :wall:

If you got to, rock it like dis:

Bobby Shively

Built:
Powered by XTi 1000 & 2000

Dave Non-Zero

#20 Post by Dave Non-Zero »

bzb wrote:
Turntablist wrote: it seems like I'd have to honk my horn every other minute to scare the mountain goats away from the path of packed dirt that I'm driving on :D
Wait, you DON'T have to do that? :lol:
you must be thinkin of Scotland. And it's sheep, not goats. :)
bzb wrote: So in a nutshell, Pros for 2x18s:
I thought the point of this site was to get away from 2 x 18s? :lol:
-1 for thought terminating cliches.

Built and/or own:
8 x T48 24" 3015LF
6 x DR280
2 x DR250 old style beta10
2 x T36s 20" delta15L
1 x TAT
1 x dual Lab12 30" T60

In Progress:
2 x DR280

Turntablist

#21 Post by Turntablist »

bzb wrote:
Turntablist wrote: it seems like I'd have to honk my horn every other minute to scare the mountain goats away from the path of packed dirt that I'm driving on :D
Wait, you DON'T have to do that? :lol:

I've driven in Belgium, Italy, Germany, and Hungary. Tiny roads abound (but I always had tiny cars, too!) I've never been to Sweden, but I assumed it was the same. Thousand pardons to your goats ;)
Haha NP! :) I found it highly amusing!! :D
So in a nutshell, Pros for 2x18s:

- About half the weight for each carry
- Can be v-plated or stacked depending on situation

Cons:

- Costs an extra driver with no additional output over the single 30"
- Additional build

You're not making this easier!! :mrgreen:
You'd actually have to add two more cons...
The 2x18s require twice the power to compete with one 30 incher and the 2x18 will have a lower impedance when paralell wired so you can't wire as many of those pairs on one amp as you can with 1x30s. (The last point will only bother you if you have more than four subs and a 4ohm stable 2-channel amp though.)
-2 T48 3015LF
-2 DR250 2510 crossfired

LelandCrooks

#22 Post by LelandCrooks »

bzb wrote:LOL, I *do* live in the South. Bad thing is... I've already seen one like that before :wall:

If you got to, rock it like dis:

That's hilarious. I'm currently on my third minivan. Most useful vehicle ever built. I don't give a crap what it looks like. I just bought my wife a used A4, first car we've owned in 20 yrs. But we kept the minivan. :ugeek:
tdogg wrote:even if you got a minivan like this?
There's a 68 charger done like that running around here. The bastard. :x
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

bzb

#23 Post by bzb »

LelandCrooks wrote:That's hilarious. I'm currently on my third minivan. Most useful vehicle ever built. I don't give a crap what it looks like. I just bought my wife a used A4, first car we've owned in 20 yrs. But we kept the minivan. :ugeek:
It's not necessarily the look (which I do hate), but it's like owning a BMW. You become a giant asshole when you drive it. I'm SURE you're the exception, though :lol:

My dad had owned American cars his entire life before getting the Sienna in 2001. They are useful, especially with a family... but I just can't bring myself to giving in. He was bragging to me the other day about being able to fold down his seats and carry his full sheet of plywood inside it.

I laughed and said: "Yeah, well I can get most of one in my Tahoe and still maintain my lane when I bring it home." :mrgreen:

Besides, I got mad cupcake skills in my 'Hoe.
Bobby Shively

Built: