srs question, direct radiators vs horns

Anything not covered elsewhere.
SeisTres

Re: srs question, direct radiators vs horns

#61 Post by SeisTres »

jcmbowman wrote:
Their secret? Reasonable stage levels, and an understanding that the more comfortable it is for the crowd, the more likely they are to stick around.
:lol: Just like one guitarist I knew that would turn up his solid state crate 100 watt half stack to where the even other guitarist complained. Needless to say, since the stage was 3 feet high and the stack would be almost at ear level, there would be just empty floorspace all along the dispersion of his cab :loler:

Oh and about the review of the tht's, this immediately came to mind http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=faq12

I guess by the length of the horn, the interaction is right before the otops pick it up.

WTF?! LOL, how could I forgotten about the rotary speakers :evil:
Built:6 t39, t18, 4 Jack10, 2 autotuba, 2 SLA,2 wedge, 2 TT, 2 Tritrix, curved sla, 2 otop212, 2 SLA pros, Ported 8" sub, 2 ported 210, dual ported 8" sub

Radian

#62 Post by Radian »

sine143 wrote:and 25 rotary subs for the all important 2-20hz range.
SeisTres wrote:WTF?! LOL, how could I forgotten about the rotary speakers

From 30 Hz to rock bottom this concept absolutely amazes. What ever electronica musician has the time and money to bolt 4 (yes, only 4) of these puppies to the end of a 53 foot shipping container would be able to walk on water, eat bullets, and $#!% ice cream....or at least get the audience to do so on command. 8)

If I ever get my grimy paws back in the machine shop, I just might hog one of these things out myself. :twisted:

$20,000?? $12,900?? :bull: I could buy a used Colchester for less than that.
Good food, good people, good times.

4 - AT
1 - TT
1 - THT Slim
2 - SLA Pro 4x6 Alphalite

WiSounds

#63 Post by WiSounds »

SeisTres wrote:
WiSounds wrote:I'm about to have the best of both worlds. Who wants to buy my otop212s?
let me guess, your dubhorns along with some crazy Di.ra kickbins, and 6" tops? Am I even warm?

Too close for comfort ;)
facebook.com/wisounds
Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:If one wants to try something else, well, that's what DIY stands for. :mrgreen:

WiSounds

#64 Post by WiSounds »

SeisTres wrote:I guess by the length of the horn, the interaction is right before the otops pick it up.
The most significant null of the open back THT is at 90hz.
facebook.com/wisounds
Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:If one wants to try something else, well, that's what DIY stands for. :mrgreen: