Will This Router Do?

Anything not covered elsewhere.
bzb

Re: Will This Router Do?

#31 Post by bzb »

Well, like anything here, you can't get wiped out as long as you can afford enough insurance. Folks here just don't put much of a financial priority on their own health.

You could potentially get wiped out by a sue-happy customer at one of your gigs. Say, one of your speakers falls on someone, or some dummy climbs up on top of the subs to dance and it collapses. Liability insurance for your business - playing live - is highly suggested. Very few people remember to figure in insurance costs into the mobile DJ biz.
Bobby Shively
Purveyor of fine aged hip hop
Traktor S4 - Vestax VCI-100 - TTX - MOTU Ultralite - Yamaha 01V

Built:
T39 13" BP102, 24" 3012LF - AT - OT12 2512 - SLA Pro - T24 - Jack 10
Powered by XTi 1000 & 2000

ChrisDowning

Re: Will This Router Do?

#32 Post by ChrisDowning »

Very true, it forgotten all the time by the majority of players and DJs. Bets way here to get cover and a lawyer if you need one, is to join the Musicians Union. We get third party liability and if you ended up in court they would supply you with a lawyer as well. Fortunately we're not so litigious as the USA, but we're getting there some time soon. We are health and safety crazy here. I'm surprised they powers that be haven't banned car driving and walking outside. Or anything beyond being in bed.

I'd recommend that everyone gets third party insurance. More important than insuring your own equipment - which should also be on the list of things that would be nice to have - but 3rd party is a must have. There's been a drunken moron at every party or wedding I've ever worked and they seem to be set to make something bad happen. If you are not insured, that ought to be very worrying. Many DJs and players are in denial - it CAN happen. Don't risk it.
I like to get paid for what I sound like - not what I spent.