mackie amp with wedges

Is this amp OK?
DrDoug018

Re: mackie amp with wedges

#16 Post by DrDoug018 »

mattaudio wrote:Another reason to have one or two wedges per amp channel: You get more monitor mixes. If you put four on one channel or bridged, you get the same mix in four wedges, which sucks. The best way to make musicians happy, short of in-ears, is for each to have their own mix and wedge.
We are going down this road and want to have a monitor mix for each band member (6). As such, we need to get another small amp or two to power the monitors.

Any suggestions as to what to get? We do not need lots of power or anything too fancy - just an inexpensive reliable amp to drive some wedges.

Thanks,

Doug

2 DR250
2 T39 (20" 3012LF)
2 Jack 10
1 Omni 10

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#17 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

DrDoug018 wrote:
We are going down this road and want to have a monitor mix for each band member (6). As such, we need to get another small amp or two to power the monitors.

Any suggestions as to what to get? We do not need lots of power or anything too fancy - just an inexpensive reliable amp to drive some wedges.

Thanks,

Doug
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/s ... ct=DCM1204

Only four channels, but it's not going to be easy to find more.

DrDoug018

#18 Post by DrDoug018 »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
DrDoug018 wrote:

Thanks,

Doug
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/s ... ct=DCM1204

Only four channels, but it's not going to be easy to find more.
Thank you! This seems like exactly what we are looking for!

Only thing better would be if it put out maybe 50W/channel max - then EVERYBODY would be asking the drummer to ease up instead of just me :bash:

Doug

2 DR250
2 T39 (20" 3012LF)
2 Jack 10
1 Omni 10

mattaudio

#19 Post by mattaudio »

I still use a mix of SRM450s and in-ear monitors (my BFM stuff is FOH). My console, the Presonus StudioLive, has PEQ which is alright for fixing monitors, but not the greatest for notching out multiple ringing frequencies.

I'm happy with my XTi 1000 amps, and if you hook them up to a laptop you can tweak the EQ very well. If you're on one stage, or you have your "normal" rotation of stages where you can load a preset, bring a laptop and click load and your EQ will reappear.