pre-amp suggestions

Is this amp OK?
Rich4349

pre-amp suggestions

#1 Post by Rich4349 »

In the past I've been befuddled by the lengths I have had to go to squeeze significant volume out of my system. At home I've been using an HRT Music Streamer II to get audio from my tower to my amp, but lately the HRT has been getting stuck in mute mode, and the channels have been either losing volume or going mute completely. I'm guessing years of daily use have taken their toll on the HRT, and it's time to replace it. Any suggestions? I'm not looking for "audiophile" grade, but I also don't want a noisy piece of poo. This one seems to be a pretty quality job, though the price is close to my upper limit, and would prefer to find one noticeably cheaper.

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/p ... magic-plus

Any ideas, either of specific makes and models, or at least a supplier site with a nice selection? I didn't find Partsexpress to be very forthcoming with an easily perusable selection.
2 DR250s, 2 27" Lab15 T-60s, 2 30" Neo Titan 39s, 1 Autotuba...and looking for more!

AKC1

Re: pre-amp suggestions

#2 Post by AKC1 »

I have a DAC Magic and they are lovely sounding. Put out a decent level too.

Alex

AKC1

Re: pre-amp suggestions

#3 Post by AKC1 »

Also consider a external soundcard such as Focusrite Scarlett they have balanced outs and sound great.

Alex