Voltage and Limiting (New To Forum)

Is this amp OK?
DJPhatman

Re: Voltage and Limiting (New To Forum)

#16 Post by DJPhatman »

Richness wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:08 pmI hope my meter is correct at this. I had to set the Driverack limiter at -17.5db to get to 50 Volts and out of clipping. Stereo 4ohm per Channel. I used the Parallel mode of the QSC. Mono output from DriveRack to Channel 1and used both Speakon from Amps. I think this is right since I got same voltage readings for both channels.

The -6db to get to 55 u mentioned has me unsure now.
That would be mono-parallel, not bridged. Bridged would be using the "+" from one channel, and the "-" from the other channel. You should not be bridging that RMX2450 into 4 drivers, as the impedance would be too low, and will result in a thermal shutdown, probably in the middle of a gig. If you internally series wire the drivers, they can safely handle 110VRMS. Running any amp to its bleeding edge will dramatically shorten the lifespan, due to excessive heat build up at its components.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice