MA3600VZ double binding posts

Is this amp OK?
monekh

MA3600VZ double binding posts

#1 Post by monekh »

Have just picked up one of these and initially confused by the two pairs of binding posts - mentioned in the manual, but not much explanation...

I'm assuming there is no difference between connecting e.g. one driver to each pair of binding posts on a channel, and connecting two drivers in parallel on just one pair of binding posts?

My instinct would be to just pick one pair per channel to run to breakout panel / speakon beyond as usual, but wanted to check I'm not missing something important or useful with the extra pair of posts...

cheers

Bruce Weldy

Re: MA3600VZ double binding posts

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

monekh wrote:
I'm assuming there is no difference between connecting e.g. one driver to each pair of binding posts on a channel, and connecting two drivers in parallel on just one pair of binding posts?
That's correct
My instinct would be to just pick one pair per channel to run to breakout panel / speakon beyond as usual, but wanted to check I'm not missing something important or useful with the extra pair of posts...
Why not just daisy chain from one speaker to the next with a jumper?

Also, if the amp is in a rack - build a rack panel for the back of the rack, then the speaker connections to the binding posts with always be in place and won't be taken on and off - this is much more reliable over the long term. And it makes for a much quicker setup and tear down.
IMG_1191.JPG

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

monekh

#3 Post by monekh »

Thanks for confirming that Bruce.

(Yes sorry wasn't very clear - that's what I meant by breakout panel / speakons beyond, we have a panel in our rack and are daisy chaining - just wondered if there was any benefit to using the extra binding posts instead, but glad to just carry on as normal!)

Bruce Weldy

#4 Post by Bruce Weldy »

monekh wrote:Thanks for confirming that Bruce.

(Yes sorry wasn't very clear - that's what I meant by breakout panel / speakons beyond, we have a panel in our rack and are daisy chaining - just wondered if there was any benefit to using the extra binding posts instead, but glad to just carry on as normal!)
Now that I look at it, you did say a breakout panel.....somehow my brain thought "breakout box".

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."